World Famous Psychic Sylvia Browne Died At 77, Her Famous Predictions
By jaskiran kaur | November 21, 2013 8:42 PM EST
Sylvia Celeste Browne, a world renowned psychic and author, has passed away Nov. 20 at age 77. According to her Web site, she was in Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose when she bid farewell to the world.
Browne was a luminary of the paranormal world. She has appeared on many televisions and radio shows and was a bestseller author. She had appeared on shows like "The Montel Williams Show," The Tonight Show" and "Larry King Live."
She was known as a psychic detective and assisted various missing-person cases and law enforcement agencies. She was born on Oct. 19, 1936 and has spent some 60 years of life as a psychic or spiritual guide.
"I don't know how I do it. I've done it all my life," Browne once told on Larry King's show.
According to the obituary posted on her Web site, Browne's psychic powers started to manifest when she was three. For many years, she shared her gift with friends and family before helping people and gaining prominence in her field.
She moved to California in 1964 where she founded The Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research. Her belief in God and incarnation of human beings were quite strong and she wrote numerous bestsellers on several themes, including "Life on the Other Side."
Sylvia Browne's Famous Predictions
Browne faced criticism and mocking for her prediction about Amanda Berry, an Ohio kidnapping victim. She told her mother that Amanda was dead but she was later found alive. She was captivated by a man along with two other women.
Another false prediction that Browne made was that 11-year-old Shawn Hornbeck was dead after being kidnapped by a dark-skinned man with dreadlocks. This occured in 2002, but the boy was later found alive in 2007 and was kidnapped by a Caucasian and short-haired man.
In 2004, she had predicted that 19-year-old Ryan Katcher who had disappeared in 2000 was murdered and his body can be traced in some metal shaft. However, in 2006, the boy was in his truck at the bottom of the pond in which he had drowned.
The famous psychic once said, "Larry King" show's episode she would die at the age of 88, but unfortunately she passed away at 77. Her final post from Oct. 27 read: "My one prayer every morning that has carried me through my life is, "Hi God, it's me again. It doesn't matter how you pray. It can be just simply talking to God. Remember, God knows your heart and soul."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate