World Famous Psychic Sylvia Browne Died At 77, Her Famous Predictions
By jaskiran kaur | November 21, 2013 8:42 PM EST
Sylvia Celeste Browne, a world renowned psychic and author, has passed away Nov. 20 at age 77. According to her Web site, she was in Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose when she bid farewell to the world.
Browne was a luminary of the paranormal world. She has appeared on many televisions and radio shows and was a bestseller author. She had appeared on shows like "The Montel Williams Show," The Tonight Show" and "Larry King Live."
She was known as a psychic detective and assisted various missing-person cases and law enforcement agencies. She was born on Oct. 19, 1936 and has spent some 60 years of life as a psychic or spiritual guide.
"I don't know how I do it. I've done it all my life," Browne once told on Larry King's show.
According to the obituary posted on her Web site, Browne's psychic powers started to manifest when she was three. For many years, she shared her gift with friends and family before helping people and gaining prominence in her field.
She moved to California in 1964 where she founded The Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research. Her belief in God and incarnation of human beings were quite strong and she wrote numerous bestsellers on several themes, including "Life on the Other Side."
Sylvia Browne's Famous Predictions
Browne faced criticism and mocking for her prediction about Amanda Berry, an Ohio kidnapping victim. She told her mother that Amanda was dead but she was later found alive. She was captivated by a man along with two other women.
Another false prediction that Browne made was that 11-year-old Shawn Hornbeck was dead after being kidnapped by a dark-skinned man with dreadlocks. This occured in 2002, but the boy was later found alive in 2007 and was kidnapped by a Caucasian and short-haired man.
In 2004, she had predicted that 19-year-old Ryan Katcher who had disappeared in 2000 was murdered and his body can be traced in some metal shaft. However, in 2006, the boy was in his truck at the bottom of the pond in which he had drowned.
The famous psychic once said, "Larry King" show's episode she would die at the age of 88, but unfortunately she passed away at 77. Her final post from Oct. 27 read: "My one prayer every morning that has carried me through my life is, "Hi God, it's me again. It doesn't matter how you pray. It can be just simply talking to God. Remember, God knows your heart and soul."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown