Essar Oil to Shut Crude and Secondary Units for a Week
November 20, 2013 8:16 PM EST
Essar Oil will shut a crude unit and a secondary unit at its 405,000 barrels per day (bpd) Vadinar refinery in western India for a week from Thursday for planned maintenance, industry sources said on Wednesday.
Essar will shut a 360,000 bpd crude distillation unit and a hydrogen making unit as part of the shutdown. It is operating its delayed coker unit at a low capacity, the sources said.
The maintenance is expected to marginally affect the company's diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as the company has sufficient intermediary stocks to process at its secondary unit, the sources added.
It will also be able to meet its export commitments, they said.
Join the Conversation
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kohl's Black Friday 2014 Online Deals Available Now Until Nov. 28, 2014 Including Free Shipping For Orders Worth $50 And More [WATCH VIDEO]
- BHP Billiton To Turn Olympic Dam Mine To World’s 2nd Largest Copper Mine
- A Bearded Man Is Arresting UberX Drivers Across Sydney
- From Iron Ore To Infant Formula, Gina Rinehart To Build $175M Cancer Hospital In Darwin
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft