Essar Oil to Shut Crude and Secondary Units for a Week
November 20, 2013 8:16 PM EST
Essar Oil will shut a crude unit and a secondary unit at its 405,000 barrels per day (bpd) Vadinar refinery in western India for a week from Thursday for planned maintenance, industry sources said on Wednesday.
Essar will shut a 360,000 bpd crude distillation unit and a hydrogen making unit as part of the shutdown. It is operating its delayed coker unit at a low capacity, the sources said.
The maintenance is expected to marginally affect the company's diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as the company has sufficient intermediary stocks to process at its secondary unit, the sources added.
It will also be able to meet its export commitments, they said.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers