Essar Oil to Shut Crude and Secondary Units for a Week
November 20, 2013 8:16 PM EST
Essar Oil will shut a crude unit and a secondary unit at its 405,000 barrels per day (bpd) Vadinar refinery in western India for a week from Thursday for planned maintenance, industry sources said on Wednesday.
Essar will shut a 360,000 bpd crude distillation unit and a hydrogen making unit as part of the shutdown. It is operating its delayed coker unit at a low capacity, the sources said.
The maintenance is expected to marginally affect the company's diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as the company has sufficient intermediary stocks to process at its secondary unit, the sources added.
It will also be able to meet its export commitments, they said.
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Viral Photo: Philippine Mall Giant Pulls Out T-Shirt With Rape Joke
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4