Kanye West Claims President Obama Used Him as Punching Bag; Rapper asked President Not to Use Kim Kardashian’s Name (PHOTO/VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | November 19, 2013 7:31 PM EST
Kim Kardashian’s fiancé, Kanye West has shot back at President Barack Obama, claiming the president “used him as a punching bag,” for years. The rapper has also asked the top U.S. leader to refrain from mentioning his “baby mama’s name” again.
It’s no secret that there’s a bad blood formed between President Obama and the “Heartless” singer since the infamous mic-grabbing incident at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
It will be recalled that President Obama called West a “jackass” when asked of his reaction of the “Stronger” singer grabbing the microphone from Taylor Swift on beating out his friend, Beyonce in the Best Video Award.
The President was reported speaking freely at that time, not knowing that the lapel attached to him was on and the camera was rolling. It was an off-the-record comment made by the president against the singer. The video was recorded by a camera earlier set up for the interview. It showed the president sitting as he was addressing a roomful of audience before him while the interviewer was being prepped for make-up.
At the interview with Hot 107.9, West gave his take on the name calling made by President Obama.
“Just say we hate Kanye and it’s going to be 30 other people say ‘We hate Kayne’ and stuff. And that was kind of my position in culture. So, he also used that too. ‘Awe, he’s a jackass’ because that’s how the world felt,” West was quoted as telling the host of Hot 107.9 by The Improper in an interview, Monday, Nov. 18.
As if it wasn’t enough, the President again mentioned not West, but someone close to him - - his fiancée Kim Kardashian.
The President’s tirade against Kimye came in August 2013 when he said that the reality shows by the Kardashian clans represent “a warped American dream.”
“Kids weren’t monitoring everyday what Kim Kardashian was wearing, or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success,” President Obama said, according to The Improper.
It didn’t sit well on West and he said.
“…well I think he shouldn’t mention my baby mama’s name,” according to The Improper, before adding, “cause we both from Chicago.”
The Yeezus singer continued promising to do the same.
“I’m not going to mention him no more. I’m past that. That’s out of my thoughts. That’s lower on my priority of thinking at this point,” West said in a separate report by Politico.
The host of the radio station even asked Kanye if there’s a chance that he will be dining with President Obama anytime soon.
Kanye quipped, “Oh, do you mean Like how he used to come and visit me and my mama and tell me he’s about to run for President?”
Describing what he thinks is going on between him and the president, West pointed out that he feels he was used by the U.S. leader as a “punching bag.”
“I think we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing to be down. People was fine with me being everybody’s punching bag and everything for about five years," West added, said The Improper.
Check out Kanye West interview with Hot 107.9 here.
More Entertainment News:
'Selfie' Origins: Oxford Dictionaries 2013 Word of the Year First Used in Australian Online Forum [Full article here]
Homeland Season 3 Episode 8: Carrie Pursues Terrorist Behind Langley Bombing in Hopes to Clear Brody’s Name in "A Red Wheelbarrow" [VIDEO] Full article here.
Selena Gomez Reveals She and Taylor Swift Dated Jonas Brothers Together? Top Things to Know [Full article here]
Credit: YouTube/ Minimalist360
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown