World Cup Qualifiers Preview: Algeria vs Burkina Faso Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | November 19, 2013 4:55 PM EST
Algeria are not used to losing at home; they haven't tasted defeat in their own backyard in over a decade. Burkina Faso will know the magnitude of the task that they face when they travel to Algeria for the second leg of their World Cup qualifier.
Burkina Faso will also be aware, though, that a draw will see them through to the World Cup in Brazil having won a tense first leg 3-2.
Algeria will bank on their tremendous record at the Mustapha Tchaker Stadium in Blida, where they are unbeaten for the last 19 matches - a mark that stretches way back to 2002.
The home side have been tipped to overcome Burkina Faso, owing to their brilliant record at home, but former Algeria skipper Antha Yahia has warned against taking the side, that recently went all the way to the African Cup of Nations final, for granted.
"Algeria will be the favourites to win going by their record against Burkina Faso -- this is what the media have suggested -- but the most important thing is really what happens on the pitch," Yahia was quoted as saying by BBC Sport.
"Burkina Faso reached the final of the Africa Cup of Nations this year and they have proved to be a very good team. They only need a draw to qualify and so it could be difficult for Algeria, who also need to be cautious when going forward."
The first leg was a controversial one wherein Burkina Faso won 3-2, after Algeria had fought back twice to make it 2-2, via a debatable penalty decision.
There will be a sense of injustice among the Algeria ranks and coach Vahid Halilhodzic said the need for a victory over Burkina Faso is as high as it's ever been. "I've never had such a desire to win as now," he said. "The defeat in the first leg in Ouagadougou really got to me. I hardly slept the following week."
Burkina Faso are chasing the dream of qualifying for their first ever World Cup, and if coach Paul Put can inspire his side to an improbable victory, then he will be a national hero, without doubt.
"Algeria are respected because they have a very good team, they have players who play in the major leagues, they have much more experience and have played in three World Cups, but in football anything is possible," he told dzfoot.com.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 7.15 pm local time (11.45 pm IST) start with no live coverage in India. To catch the action live streaming online through Bein Sport in the U.S. click HERE. To watch it live online via Al Jazeera Sport in the Middle East and North Africa, click HERE. To live stream it in the U.K. via the BT Sport online player, click HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date