Maria Sharapova Takes Time Off Training, Visits Disneyland, Tops the Forbes List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 18, 2013 12:19 PM EST
Maria Sharapova takes some time off her training when she visited the world's most famous amusement and theme park, Disneyland.
Despite missing the most of the 2013 tennis season because of her injury, Sharapova has kept herself busy by attending numerous social events, promoting her premium candy business, and doing meticulous training sessions. She has also constantly been keeping her fans updated by posting pictures of her training efforts on popular social media Web sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Well, a little time off her training should not hurt the Russian tennis superstar. On Sunday, Sharapova tweeted a picture of her with Minnie Mouse. "My day is complete, #minniemouse #disneyland" she wrote on Twitter. She also shared a picture of her giving Winnie the Pooh a high five on Facebook. "There is no place like Disneyland," she wrote. She got smokes on, and she was wearing a black shirt with the Sugarpova logo and loose brown pants just up her ankle. Her outfit was simple yet classy.
Disneyland should not just be for kids. Adults and even celebrities like Sharapova can surely enjoy their inner child at Disneyland.
Meanwhile, Sharapova is expected to make a big comeback in the 2014 tennis season. She is expected to compete at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open as well as at the Brisbane International. She was also chosen as the new correspondent of National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) for the upcoming Winter Olympics to be held in her hometown Sochi, Russia.
Currently, Sharapova ranks first on the Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes. Although, she had no played much in the 2013 season and won titles as much as she would, she has a lot of endorsement deals, not to mention that her business venture, Sugarpova, is really thriving. She has managed to obtain sponsorships worth over $23 from between June 2012 and June 2013, compared to $6 million prize money she received from playing tennis. Up to date, she has a total of $29 million earnings. Serena Williams, Li Na, Victoria Azarenka, Danica Patrick are in the second, third, fourth, and fifth places with $20.5, $18.2, $15.7, and $15 million earnings, respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble