Maria Sharapova Takes Time Off Training, Visits Disneyland, Tops the Forbes List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 18, 2013 12:19 PM EST
Maria Sharapova takes some time off her training when she visited the world's most famous amusement and theme park, Disneyland.
Despite missing the most of the 2013 tennis season because of her injury, Sharapova has kept herself busy by attending numerous social events, promoting her premium candy business, and doing meticulous training sessions. She has also constantly been keeping her fans updated by posting pictures of her training efforts on popular social media Web sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Well, a little time off her training should not hurt the Russian tennis superstar. On Sunday, Sharapova tweeted a picture of her with Minnie Mouse. "My day is complete, #minniemouse #disneyland" she wrote on Twitter. She also shared a picture of her giving Winnie the Pooh a high five on Facebook. "There is no place like Disneyland," she wrote. She got smokes on, and she was wearing a black shirt with the Sugarpova logo and loose brown pants just up her ankle. Her outfit was simple yet classy.
Disneyland should not just be for kids. Adults and even celebrities like Sharapova can surely enjoy their inner child at Disneyland.
Meanwhile, Sharapova is expected to make a big comeback in the 2014 tennis season. She is expected to compete at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open as well as at the Brisbane International. She was also chosen as the new correspondent of National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) for the upcoming Winter Olympics to be held in her hometown Sochi, Russia.
Currently, Sharapova ranks first on the Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes. Although, she had no played much in the 2013 season and won titles as much as she would, she has a lot of endorsement deals, not to mention that her business venture, Sugarpova, is really thriving. She has managed to obtain sponsorships worth over $23 from between June 2012 and June 2013, compared to $6 million prize money she received from playing tennis. Up to date, she has a total of $29 million earnings. Serena Williams, Li Na, Victoria Azarenka, Danica Patrick are in the second, third, fourth, and fifth places with $20.5, $18.2, $15.7, and $15 million earnings, respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies