Maria Sharapova Takes Time Off Training, Visits Disneyland, Tops the Forbes List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 18, 2013 12:19 PM EST
Maria Sharapova takes some time off her training when she visited the world's most famous amusement and theme park, Disneyland.
Despite missing the most of the 2013 tennis season because of her injury, Sharapova has kept herself busy by attending numerous social events, promoting her premium candy business, and doing meticulous training sessions. She has also constantly been keeping her fans updated by posting pictures of her training efforts on popular social media Web sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Well, a little time off her training should not hurt the Russian tennis superstar. On Sunday, Sharapova tweeted a picture of her with Minnie Mouse. "My day is complete, #minniemouse #disneyland" she wrote on Twitter. She also shared a picture of her giving Winnie the Pooh a high five on Facebook. "There is no place like Disneyland," she wrote. She got smokes on, and she was wearing a black shirt with the Sugarpova logo and loose brown pants just up her ankle. Her outfit was simple yet classy.
Disneyland should not just be for kids. Adults and even celebrities like Sharapova can surely enjoy their inner child at Disneyland.
Meanwhile, Sharapova is expected to make a big comeback in the 2014 tennis season. She is expected to compete at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open as well as at the Brisbane International. She was also chosen as the new correspondent of National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) for the upcoming Winter Olympics to be held in her hometown Sochi, Russia.
Currently, Sharapova ranks first on the Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes. Although, she had no played much in the 2013 season and won titles as much as she would, she has a lot of endorsement deals, not to mention that her business venture, Sugarpova, is really thriving. She has managed to obtain sponsorships worth over $23 from between June 2012 and June 2013, compared to $6 million prize money she received from playing tennis. Up to date, she has a total of $29 million earnings. Serena Williams, Li Na, Victoria Azarenka, Danica Patrick are in the second, third, fourth, and fifth places with $20.5, $18.2, $15.7, and $15 million earnings, respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia