Maria Sharapova Takes Time Off Training, Visits Disneyland, Tops the Forbes List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 18, 2013 12:19 PM EST
Maria Sharapova takes some time off her training when she visited the world's most famous amusement and theme park, Disneyland.
Despite missing the most of the 2013 tennis season because of her injury, Sharapova has kept herself busy by attending numerous social events, promoting her premium candy business, and doing meticulous training sessions. She has also constantly been keeping her fans updated by posting pictures of her training efforts on popular social media Web sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Well, a little time off her training should not hurt the Russian tennis superstar. On Sunday, Sharapova tweeted a picture of her with Minnie Mouse. "My day is complete, #minniemouse #disneyland" she wrote on Twitter. She also shared a picture of her giving Winnie the Pooh a high five on Facebook. "There is no place like Disneyland," she wrote. She got smokes on, and she was wearing a black shirt with the Sugarpova logo and loose brown pants just up her ankle. Her outfit was simple yet classy.
Disneyland should not just be for kids. Adults and even celebrities like Sharapova can surely enjoy their inner child at Disneyland.
Meanwhile, Sharapova is expected to make a big comeback in the 2014 tennis season. She is expected to compete at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open as well as at the Brisbane International. She was also chosen as the new correspondent of National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) for the upcoming Winter Olympics to be held in her hometown Sochi, Russia.
Currently, Sharapova ranks first on the Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Female Athletes. Although, she had no played much in the 2013 season and won titles as much as she would, she has a lot of endorsement deals, not to mention that her business venture, Sugarpova, is really thriving. She has managed to obtain sponsorships worth over $23 from between June 2012 and June 2013, compared to $6 million prize money she received from playing tennis. Up to date, she has a total of $29 million earnings. Serena Williams, Li Na, Victoria Azarenka, Danica Patrick are in the second, third, fourth, and fifth places with $20.5, $18.2, $15.7, and $15 million earnings, respectively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?