'The Mentalist' Season 6, Episode 7 Spoilers: Reede Smith as Red John in 'The Great Red Dragon?' [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | November 18, 2013 5:24 AM EST
"The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 7, "The Great Red Dragon," is anticipated to finally identify Red John. Will Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) find out FBI Agent Reede Smith (Drew Powell) is the monster who murdered his wife and daughter?
Spoiler alert: This feature contains speculations and minor spoilers from "The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 7, "The Great Red Dragon." Read at your own risk.
"Fire and Brimstone" shows an explosion in the final act. Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) arrives at Jane's Malibu house hoping to stop Jane from making a mistake. Is she too late? Episode 7 reveals the answer.
On TV.com, the synopsis for the Nov. 17 The Mentalist episode reads:
"After the events at Jane's house, the CBI's priority turns to those names still left on the Red John list. Jane finally thinks he knows the identity of Red John."
Wno is Red John?
Reede Smith has "red" in his name. He has also shown some acting chops for the viewers. Former Red John suspect Bob Kirkland (Kevin Corrigan) had seen at least two very different sides of Smith.
When Homeland Security agent Kirkland first spoke to Bob, he was a meek lamb. Moments later, Smith showed him his true 'Tyger, Tyger' colors and subsequently shot him dead. That is an elaborate display of showmanship.
Homeland Security got Jane's fake list of Red John suspects. When Kirkland started murdering those on the hoax list, Smith called CBI to investigate. Was it an act of manipulation - making Patrick Jane feel he was on to him? That would be "clever," indeed.
Patrick Jane faced five Red John suspects in "The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 6, "Fire and Brimstone." After the explosion - how badly injured are the six people in the room? All the excitement leads up to the final Red John show airing on CBS on Nov. 24.
Still on their seats when viewers last saw them were Ray Haffner (Reed Diamond) and Visualize leader Bret Stiles (Malcolm McDowell). Jane has asked CBI Director Gale Bertram (Michael Gaston), Napa County Sheriff Thomas McAllister (Xander Berkeley) and Reede Smith to stand up at gunpoint.
VIDEO: The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 7: 'The Great Red Dragon' Sneak Peek Preview; The Penultimate Red John Chapter
Among all the five remaining Red John suspects, no one else has shown a twin face before the viewers except Reede Smith. Everyone else has always been consistent throughout the series. The good news is, after six years, The Mentalist will finally see the capture of Red John in Season 6.
The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 7, "The Great Red Dragon" airs on CBS this Sunday, Nov. 17.
More 'The Mentalist Season 6' Red John Spoilers:
The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 7 Question: 3 Red John Suspects Left? 'Fire and Brimstone' Writer Explains! [VIDEO]
'The Mentalist' Season 6, Episode 7 Spoilers: Red John vs Patrick Jane Endgame; Bruno Heller Teases Blue Sky' [VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015