'The Mentalist' Season 6, Episode 7 Spoilers: Reede Smith as Red John in 'The Great Red Dragon?' [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | November 18, 2013 5:24 AM EST
"The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 7, "The Great Red Dragon," is anticipated to finally identify Red John. Will Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) find out FBI Agent Reede Smith (Drew Powell) is the monster who murdered his wife and daughter?
Spoiler alert: This feature contains speculations and minor spoilers from "The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 7, "The Great Red Dragon." Read at your own risk.
"Fire and Brimstone" shows an explosion in the final act. Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) arrives at Jane's Malibu house hoping to stop Jane from making a mistake. Is she too late? Episode 7 reveals the answer.
On TV.com, the synopsis for the Nov. 17 The Mentalist episode reads:
"After the events at Jane's house, the CBI's priority turns to those names still left on the Red John list. Jane finally thinks he knows the identity of Red John."
Wno is Red John?
Reede Smith has "red" in his name. He has also shown some acting chops for the viewers. Former Red John suspect Bob Kirkland (Kevin Corrigan) had seen at least two very different sides of Smith.
When Homeland Security agent Kirkland first spoke to Bob, he was a meek lamb. Moments later, Smith showed him his true 'Tyger, Tyger' colors and subsequently shot him dead. That is an elaborate display of showmanship.
Homeland Security got Jane's fake list of Red John suspects. When Kirkland started murdering those on the hoax list, Smith called CBI to investigate. Was it an act of manipulation - making Patrick Jane feel he was on to him? That would be "clever," indeed.
Patrick Jane faced five Red John suspects in "The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 6, "Fire and Brimstone." After the explosion - how badly injured are the six people in the room? All the excitement leads up to the final Red John show airing on CBS on Nov. 24.
Still on their seats when viewers last saw them were Ray Haffner (Reed Diamond) and Visualize leader Bret Stiles (Malcolm McDowell). Jane has asked CBI Director Gale Bertram (Michael Gaston), Napa County Sheriff Thomas McAllister (Xander Berkeley) and Reede Smith to stand up at gunpoint.
VIDEO: The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 7: 'The Great Red Dragon' Sneak Peek Preview; The Penultimate Red John Chapter
Among all the five remaining Red John suspects, no one else has shown a twin face before the viewers except Reede Smith. Everyone else has always been consistent throughout the series. The good news is, after six years, The Mentalist will finally see the capture of Red John in Season 6.
The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 7, "The Great Red Dragon" airs on CBS this Sunday, Nov. 17.
More 'The Mentalist Season 6' Red John Spoilers:
The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 7 Question: 3 Red John Suspects Left? 'Fire and Brimstone' Writer Explains! [VIDEO]
'The Mentalist' Season 6, Episode 7 Spoilers: Red John vs Patrick Jane Endgame; Bruno Heller Teases Blue Sky' [VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6