Van Damme's Volvo TV Commercial & His Death Defying Split
By Riza Ornos | November 15, 2013 4:54 PM EST
Known as one of the world's famous action star, Jean-Claude Van Damme debuts Volvo TV commercial with his epic split. The 53-year-old Hollywood's stuntman and actor show that he's not at all expendable when it comes to gravity-defying stunts.
The Volvo TV commercial features the Swedish carmaker's new Dynamic Steering System that is designed to make its FM commercial truck easier to drive. Thanks to the creative team behind the commercial, the Volvo advertisement is spreading like wildfire as it plans to market their new dynamic steering masterpiece.
In the commercial, Van Damme stands atop the side mirrors of two Volvo big trucks as it drives backwards, and slowly pulls away from each other. The death defying split was captured perfectly, with the sun behind his back and two powerful trucks slowly pulling away from him.
The Volvo ad is simple, yet it conveys a very powerful message as it showcase the easy to drive feature of Volvo FM. Despite its size, the Volvo FM is a reliable money maker and is designed for efficient on-road transports which make this friendly looking truck the right vehicle on the road.
Van Damme is famous for his martial arts-charged movies like Bloodsport, Double Impact, Death Warrant and many more. Even in his age, he still managed to maintain his physique and the commercial shows how he never aged at all.
The ad starts with Van Damme's voiceover while Enya's "Only Time" playing in the background, and he says, "I've had my ups and downs, my fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds."
"That's what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you, what you see is a body crafted to perfection, a pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physiques and a mindset to master the most epic of splits."
While executing his split, the camera is panning back to reveal Van Damme's epic horizontal split. The video ends with a message that the stunt was performed by a trained professional.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best