Van Damme's Volvo TV Commercial & His Death Defying Split
By Riza Ornos | November 15, 2013 4:54 PM EST
Known as one of the world's famous action star, Jean-Claude Van Damme debuts Volvo TV commercial with his epic split. The 53-year-old Hollywood's stuntman and actor show that he's not at all expendable when it comes to gravity-defying stunts.
The Volvo TV commercial features the Swedish carmaker's new Dynamic Steering System that is designed to make its FM commercial truck easier to drive. Thanks to the creative team behind the commercial, the Volvo advertisement is spreading like wildfire as it plans to market their new dynamic steering masterpiece.
In the commercial, Van Damme stands atop the side mirrors of two Volvo big trucks as it drives backwards, and slowly pulls away from each other. The death defying split was captured perfectly, with the sun behind his back and two powerful trucks slowly pulling away from him.
The Volvo ad is simple, yet it conveys a very powerful message as it showcase the easy to drive feature of Volvo FM. Despite its size, the Volvo FM is a reliable money maker and is designed for efficient on-road transports which make this friendly looking truck the right vehicle on the road.
Van Damme is famous for his martial arts-charged movies like Bloodsport, Double Impact, Death Warrant and many more. Even in his age, he still managed to maintain his physique and the commercial shows how he never aged at all.
The ad starts with Van Damme's voiceover while Enya's "Only Time" playing in the background, and he says, "I've had my ups and downs, my fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds."
"That's what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you, what you see is a body crafted to perfection, a pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physiques and a mindset to master the most epic of splits."
While executing his split, the camera is panning back to reveal Van Damme's epic horizontal split. The video ends with a message that the stunt was performed by a trained professional.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Canada Launches World's First Waste-to-Biofuels and Chemicals Facility
- Greenest Auto Manufacturer in U.S. Now Hyundai, Honda Set Off Track
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]