Van Damme's Volvo TV Commercial & His Death Defying Split
By Riza Ornos | November 15, 2013 4:54 PM EST
Known as one of the world's famous action star, Jean-Claude Van Damme debuts Volvo TV commercial with his epic split. The 53-year-old Hollywood's stuntman and actor show that he's not at all expendable when it comes to gravity-defying stunts.
The Volvo TV commercial features the Swedish carmaker's new Dynamic Steering System that is designed to make its FM commercial truck easier to drive. Thanks to the creative team behind the commercial, the Volvo advertisement is spreading like wildfire as it plans to market their new dynamic steering masterpiece.
In the commercial, Van Damme stands atop the side mirrors of two Volvo big trucks as it drives backwards, and slowly pulls away from each other. The death defying split was captured perfectly, with the sun behind his back and two powerful trucks slowly pulling away from him.
The Volvo ad is simple, yet it conveys a very powerful message as it showcase the easy to drive feature of Volvo FM. Despite its size, the Volvo FM is a reliable money maker and is designed for efficient on-road transports which make this friendly looking truck the right vehicle on the road.
Van Damme is famous for his martial arts-charged movies like Bloodsport, Double Impact, Death Warrant and many more. Even in his age, he still managed to maintain his physique and the commercial shows how he never aged at all.
The ad starts with Van Damme's voiceover while Enya's "Only Time" playing in the background, and he says, "I've had my ups and downs, my fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds."
"That's what made me what I am today. Now I stand here before you, what you see is a body crafted to perfection, a pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physiques and a mindset to master the most epic of splits."
While executing his split, the camera is panning back to reveal Van Damme's epic horizontal split. The video ends with a message that the stunt was performed by a trained professional.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS