West Stars Meet: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors [PREVIEW]
By James Patrick Quizon | November 14, 2013 6:12 PM EST
It’s a match-up loaded with stars when Golden State’s Stephen Curry, Andre Iguodala and David Lee host the Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder, which is coming off a disappointing loss to the Los Angeles Clippers Wednesday night.
The Warriors have played well on both ends of the floor so far this season. They average 103.9 points per game (8th in the leagu) but have also defended well limiting opponents to just 96.1 PPG (6th). They are also 13th in rebounding (43.6) and 4th in assists (25.0)
The Warriors have struggled lately though losing two of their last three games. Their lone win came against the Detroit Pistons, which they beat 113-95 led Curry who had 25 points and 8 assists; Lee with 17 points and 9 rebounds; and Iguodala with 8 points and 11 assists.
Meanwhile, the Thunder lost to the Los Angeles Clippers after building a nine-point half time lead but couldn’t sustain in and lost 111-103.
Serge Ibaka was a perfect 6-of-6 from the field with 13 points but was ejected in the 2nd quarter after a scuffle with Matt Barnes and Blake Griffin. Kevin Durant had 33 points and 10 assists while Russell Westrbook had 19 points and 10 dimes as well.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- Thunder are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on the second day of a back-to-back
- Thunder are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- Thunder are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- Thunder are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games vs. West teams
- Thunder is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Golden State
Golden State Warriors Trends
- Warriors are 18-7-1 ATS in their last 26 games
- Warriors are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Warriors are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 games vs. West teams
- Warriors are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Northwest division teams
- Home team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games between Thunder-Warriors
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James