Grigor Dimitrov Thankful for Maria Sharapova's Love
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 14, 2013 4:21 PM EST
As reported by Tennis Earth, Grigor Dimitrov has stated that love and support he gets from fellow tennis athlete girlfriend Maria Sharapova have helped him improve his craft when it comes to playing. Dimitrov and Sharapova confirmed their romantic relationship after the 2013 Madrid Open.
Dimitrov, who currently ranks 23rd in World rankings, has pointed that much of his success in the tennis court is because of Sharapova.
"Each of us has our own problems to take care of," said Dimitrov. "I believe I have proven those people who said that my romantic relationship with Maria hurt my play were wrong, I know I have proven that it is exactly the opposite," Dimitrov added.
"This season has been very successful," said Dimitrov. "I was able to find the right path to follow, my opponents now feel pushed to pursue me closely and look up to me," he said.
Dimitrov started the 2013 season by playing at the Brisbane International where he defeated Brian Baker. At Indian Wells in March, he became the very first Bulgarian male tennis player to be seeded in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) 1000 Masters event. At the 2013 Stockholm Open, he won his first ATP title by beating David Ferrer in the finals. In 2013, Dimitrov has reached his all-time career-high in World rankings. From the 48th position, he moved up to the 22nd. He finished the season as World No. 23.
"I won some big matches, especially my first major title," Dimitrov said during a press conference. "My next big goal is a grand slam title, it will be amazing," he said. "Any of the other tournaments will be a great achievement for me too," he concluded.
Well, let us wait and see what 2014 has in store for Dimitrov. We will find out soon if their love will indeed save the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?