Grigor Dimitrov Thankful for Maria Sharapova's Love
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 14, 2013 4:21 PM EST
As reported by Tennis Earth, Grigor Dimitrov has stated that love and support he gets from fellow tennis athlete girlfriend Maria Sharapova have helped him improve his craft when it comes to playing. Dimitrov and Sharapova confirmed their romantic relationship after the 2013 Madrid Open.
Dimitrov, who currently ranks 23rd in World rankings, has pointed that much of his success in the tennis court is because of Sharapova.
"Each of us has our own problems to take care of," said Dimitrov. "I believe I have proven those people who said that my romantic relationship with Maria hurt my play were wrong, I know I have proven that it is exactly the opposite," Dimitrov added.
"This season has been very successful," said Dimitrov. "I was able to find the right path to follow, my opponents now feel pushed to pursue me closely and look up to me," he said.
Dimitrov started the 2013 season by playing at the Brisbane International where he defeated Brian Baker. At Indian Wells in March, he became the very first Bulgarian male tennis player to be seeded in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) 1000 Masters event. At the 2013 Stockholm Open, he won his first ATP title by beating David Ferrer in the finals. In 2013, Dimitrov has reached his all-time career-high in World rankings. From the 48th position, he moved up to the 22nd. He finished the season as World No. 23.
"I won some big matches, especially my first major title," Dimitrov said during a press conference. "My next big goal is a grand slam title, it will be amazing," he said. "Any of the other tournaments will be a great achievement for me too," he concluded.
Well, let us wait and see what 2014 has in store for Dimitrov. We will find out soon if their love will indeed save the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight