Grigor Dimitrov Thankful for Maria Sharapova's Love
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 14, 2013 4:21 PM EST
As reported by Tennis Earth, Grigor Dimitrov has stated that love and support he gets from fellow tennis athlete girlfriend Maria Sharapova have helped him improve his craft when it comes to playing. Dimitrov and Sharapova confirmed their romantic relationship after the 2013 Madrid Open.
Dimitrov, who currently ranks 23rd in World rankings, has pointed that much of his success in the tennis court is because of Sharapova.
"Each of us has our own problems to take care of," said Dimitrov. "I believe I have proven those people who said that my romantic relationship with Maria hurt my play were wrong, I know I have proven that it is exactly the opposite," Dimitrov added.
"This season has been very successful," said Dimitrov. "I was able to find the right path to follow, my opponents now feel pushed to pursue me closely and look up to me," he said.
Dimitrov started the 2013 season by playing at the Brisbane International where he defeated Brian Baker. At Indian Wells in March, he became the very first Bulgarian male tennis player to be seeded in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) 1000 Masters event. At the 2013 Stockholm Open, he won his first ATP title by beating David Ferrer in the finals. In 2013, Dimitrov has reached his all-time career-high in World rankings. From the 48th position, he moved up to the 22nd. He finished the season as World No. 23.
"I won some big matches, especially my first major title," Dimitrov said during a press conference. "My next big goal is a grand slam title, it will be amazing," he said. "Any of the other tournaments will be a great achievement for me too," he concluded.
Well, let us wait and see what 2014 has in store for Dimitrov. We will find out soon if their love will indeed save the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools