Grigor Dimitrov Thankful for Maria Sharapova's Love
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 14, 2013 4:21 PM EST
As reported by Tennis Earth, Grigor Dimitrov has stated that love and support he gets from fellow tennis athlete girlfriend Maria Sharapova have helped him improve his craft when it comes to playing. Dimitrov and Sharapova confirmed their romantic relationship after the 2013 Madrid Open.
Dimitrov, who currently ranks 23rd in World rankings, has pointed that much of his success in the tennis court is because of Sharapova.
"Each of us has our own problems to take care of," said Dimitrov. "I believe I have proven those people who said that my romantic relationship with Maria hurt my play were wrong, I know I have proven that it is exactly the opposite," Dimitrov added.
"This season has been very successful," said Dimitrov. "I was able to find the right path to follow, my opponents now feel pushed to pursue me closely and look up to me," he said.
Dimitrov started the 2013 season by playing at the Brisbane International where he defeated Brian Baker. At Indian Wells in March, he became the very first Bulgarian male tennis player to be seeded in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) 1000 Masters event. At the 2013 Stockholm Open, he won his first ATP title by beating David Ferrer in the finals. In 2013, Dimitrov has reached his all-time career-high in World rankings. From the 48th position, he moved up to the 22nd. He finished the season as World No. 23.
"I won some big matches, especially my first major title," Dimitrov said during a press conference. "My next big goal is a grand slam title, it will be amazing," he said. "Any of the other tournaments will be a great achievement for me too," he concluded.
Well, let us wait and see what 2014 has in store for Dimitrov. We will find out soon if their love will indeed save the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related