Grigor Dimitrov Thankful for Maria Sharapova's Love
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 14, 2013 4:21 PM EST
As reported by Tennis Earth, Grigor Dimitrov has stated that love and support he gets from fellow tennis athlete girlfriend Maria Sharapova have helped him improve his craft when it comes to playing. Dimitrov and Sharapova confirmed their romantic relationship after the 2013 Madrid Open.
Dimitrov, who currently ranks 23rd in World rankings, has pointed that much of his success in the tennis court is because of Sharapova.
"Each of us has our own problems to take care of," said Dimitrov. "I believe I have proven those people who said that my romantic relationship with Maria hurt my play were wrong, I know I have proven that it is exactly the opposite," Dimitrov added.
"This season has been very successful," said Dimitrov. "I was able to find the right path to follow, my opponents now feel pushed to pursue me closely and look up to me," he said.
Dimitrov started the 2013 season by playing at the Brisbane International where he defeated Brian Baker. At Indian Wells in March, he became the very first Bulgarian male tennis player to be seeded in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) 1000 Masters event. At the 2013 Stockholm Open, he won his first ATP title by beating David Ferrer in the finals. In 2013, Dimitrov has reached his all-time career-high in World rankings. From the 48th position, he moved up to the 22nd. He finished the season as World No. 23.
"I won some big matches, especially my first major title," Dimitrov said during a press conference. "My next big goal is a grand slam title, it will be amazing," he said. "Any of the other tournaments will be a great achievement for me too," he concluded.
Well, let us wait and see what 2014 has in store for Dimitrov. We will find out soon if their love will indeed save the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu