UPDATE: Philippines Releases Official List of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Casualties
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 14, 2013 4:20 PM EST
The Philippines has launched a Web site where people searching for loved affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) can look into.
The official death tally has been placed at 2357. Number of injured was at 3891 while the number of missing was placed at 77.
See the list here - http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/
Local news outlet Philippine Star has likewise prepared a list detailing the list of survivors in Tacloban City, Leyte and Samar - http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/11/14/1255487/partial-list-yolanda-survivors-updated
The Twitter hashtag #TracingPH was launched on Wednesday to help people locate victims of the monstrous tragedy that befell the central Philippines exactly a week ago.
Those looking for missing relatives in the Philippines, the #TracingPH is the one now being recommended by aid agencies for sharing info.— Ros Atkins (@BBCRosAtkins) November 12, 2013
Meantime, some 49,000 survivors from Tacloban City have received allocations of rice, according to the United Nations World Food Programme.
On Wednesday, the Philippines' Department of Social Welfare and Development distributed 3-kilogram food packs to the survivors.
The WFP added in a statement that apart from the rice, it likewise sent by plane to Tacloban 10 metric tonnes of high energy biscuits. The city will receive an additional 25 metric tonnes of the same biscuits on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: First Effective Cure to Have Long-Term Remission; 3 Factors to Check on Inactive Virus
- Coming Soon: AntiViral Gel in Condoms to Kill HIV Virus
- Melbourne Man Gives Up Sex For a Year; Donates £50,000 in Charity
- FDA Prioritises Review of ‘Abuse-Deterrent’ Painkiller
- Rapid Rise in Flu; Hospitals in New Zealand Struggle
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales