UPDATE: Philippines Releases Official List of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Casualties
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 14, 2013 4:20 PM EST
The Philippines has launched a Web site where people searching for loved affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) can look into.
The official death tally has been placed at 2357. Number of injured was at 3891 while the number of missing was placed at 77.
See the list here - http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/
Local news outlet Philippine Star has likewise prepared a list detailing the list of survivors in Tacloban City, Leyte and Samar - http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/11/14/1255487/partial-list-yolanda-survivors-updated
The Twitter hashtag #TracingPH was launched on Wednesday to help people locate victims of the monstrous tragedy that befell the central Philippines exactly a week ago.
Those looking for missing relatives in the Philippines, the #TracingPH is the one now being recommended by aid agencies for sharing info.— Ros Atkins (@BBCRosAtkins) November 12, 2013
Meantime, some 49,000 survivors from Tacloban City have received allocations of rice, according to the United Nations World Food Programme.
On Wednesday, the Philippines' Department of Social Welfare and Development distributed 3-kilogram food packs to the survivors.
The WFP added in a statement that apart from the rice, it likewise sent by plane to Tacloban 10 metric tonnes of high energy biscuits. The city will receive an additional 25 metric tonnes of the same biscuits on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Social Media Conspiracy Fires Up Due To Ancient Engraving On Mars [Watch Video]
- Aussies Love Robots More Than The Japanese Do
- Yuka, A Woolly Mammoth, Is Just 39,000 Years Young, And Wears A Reddish Coat
- Army Of Moonwalkers May Soon Be Ready As Michael Jackson Reportedly Cloned Himself Before Death
- Nanoplug Invisible Hearing Aid Comes With High-Tech Features And Nano-Battery That Recharges Instantaneously
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles