UPDATE: Philippines Releases Official List of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Casualties
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 14, 2013 4:20 PM EST
The Philippines has launched a Web site where people searching for loved affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) can look into.
The official death tally has been placed at 2357. Number of injured was at 3891 while the number of missing was placed at 77.
See the list here - http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/
Local news outlet Philippine Star has likewise prepared a list detailing the list of survivors in Tacloban City, Leyte and Samar - http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/11/14/1255487/partial-list-yolanda-survivors-updated
The Twitter hashtag #TracingPH was launched on Wednesday to help people locate victims of the monstrous tragedy that befell the central Philippines exactly a week ago.
Those looking for missing relatives in the Philippines, the #TracingPH is the one now being recommended by aid agencies for sharing info.— Ros Atkins (@BBCRosAtkins) November 12, 2013
Meantime, some 49,000 survivors from Tacloban City have received allocations of rice, according to the United Nations World Food Programme.
On Wednesday, the Philippines' Department of Social Welfare and Development distributed 3-kilogram food packs to the survivors.
The WFP added in a statement that apart from the rice, it likewise sent by plane to Tacloban 10 metric tonnes of high energy biscuits. The city will receive an additional 25 metric tonnes of the same biscuits on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories