UPDATE: Philippines Releases Official List of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) Casualties
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 14, 2013 4:20 PM EST
The Philippines has launched a Web site where people searching for loved affected by Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) can look into.
The official death tally has been placed at 2357. Number of injured was at 3891 while the number of missing was placed at 77.
See the list here - http://www.gov.ph/crisis-response/updates-typhoon-yolanda/casualties/
Local news outlet Philippine Star has likewise prepared a list detailing the list of survivors in Tacloban City, Leyte and Samar - http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/11/14/1255487/partial-list-yolanda-survivors-updated
The Twitter hashtag #TracingPH was launched on Wednesday to help people locate victims of the monstrous tragedy that befell the central Philippines exactly a week ago.
Those looking for missing relatives in the Philippines, the #TracingPH is the one now being recommended by aid agencies for sharing info.— Ros Atkins (@BBCRosAtkins) November 12, 2013
Meantime, some 49,000 survivors from Tacloban City have received allocations of rice, according to the United Nations World Food Programme.
On Wednesday, the Philippines' Department of Social Welfare and Development distributed 3-kilogram food packs to the survivors.
The WFP added in a statement that apart from the rice, it likewise sent by plane to Tacloban 10 metric tonnes of high energy biscuits. The city will receive an additional 25 metric tonnes of the same biscuits on Thursday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Latest UFO Sighting Arizona: Couple See A Strange House That Appears Out Of Nowhere And Disappears, MUFON Report
- Astronomical Events October 2014: Blood-Red Total Lunar Eclipse, Solar Eclipse, Two Meteor Showers And Other Occurrences To Watch Out For
- Couple Who Paid Young Girls To Stomp Puppy To Death Gets Life Sentence
- NASA's Curiosity Rover Discovers Water On Martian Soil: Mars Not A Dry Planet
- Ebola Hits US: Things You Must Know About The Disease And How To Prevent It
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money