Andy Murray To Take on Serena Williams in a Tennis Showdown in Las Vegas
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 13, 2013 3:07 PM EST
World No. 4 Andy Murray and World No. 1 Serena Williams are all set for a tennis showdown in Las Vegas in 2014, as reported by the Daily Mail UK.
Both of the tennis superstars' agents are expected to meet in December to try to find the middle ground and negotiate so that the showdown will indeed happen. It has also been reported that Murray and Williams are going to arrange a meet-up personally to talk about the said event.
The idea of a tennis showdown between the two all started on Twitter. One of Williams' followers tweeted that she can effortless beat Murray.
Murray has stated that women, just like men, should play five sets in Grand Slam tournaments. "It is not like women can't play for five sets," said Murray.
The British No 1, then challenged Serena Williams to play, to which she answered right away and stated that Murray can be defeated in just five minutes.
Serena seemed built to play five sets. It shouldn't make any difference to her.
Let's make a comparison to find out if the two are a perfect match, shall we?
Serena is 37 years old, while Andy is 26. The Brit stands a bit taller than the American. She has won 57 career titles, and he has won 28. Her highest ranking is 1 and Andy's 2. Of course, we should not forget that they are not of the same sex.
It will be exciting to witness these two great players compete against each other. Murray and Williams will be training in Florida near each other in the coming weeks, so it is anticipated that they will meet to finally talk about the said showdown.
It is not clear whether there were charities involved in the Murray-Williams showdown, but they can definitely use such event to raise money for some great causes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet