Novak Djokovic Thankful for the 2013 Season Despite Losing World No. 1 Rank to Rafael Nadal
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 13, 2013 2:56 PM EST
Serbian professional tennis player Novak Djokovic couldn't be so thankful for the 2013 season. Djokovic may have lost his World No. 1 rank to Rafael Nadal, but he sure has a lot of things to be grateful for.
"What a great way to finish the year," Djokovic wrote on Instagram. "I may not be number 1 but Rafa definitely deserves it," he added. "A big thank you to everybody who has supported me all throughout the year, love you all #nolefam," wrote Djokovic.
Djokovic has defeated World No. 1 Rafael Nadal, 6-3, 6-4, on Monday in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Finals in London. This is his third victory in the ATP Finals, and Djokovic has remained unbeaten since the U.S. Open.
"This was just the best possible ending," Djokovic told ATP. "Now, I really feel that my season was really good, after the fall run and all," he added. "This is definitely a great way to boost my confidence for the beginning of the next season," said Djokovic.
Djokovic started the 2013 season by defeating World No 4 Andy Murray in the finals of the Australian Open. It was his third consecutive win in the said tournament and the sixth Grand Slam of this professional tennis career. He had also triumphed over Tomas Berdych in the finals of Dubai Tennis Championships in March, giving him his 36th professional singles' title.
He has defeated long-time rival Rafael Nadal in the finals of Monte Carlo Rolex Masters, and it was the first time for Djokovic to have won in Monte Carlo.
All throughout his entire tennis career, Djokovic has faced Nadal 39 times. Djokovic's victory against Nadal on Monday gave him a split of six matches against the Spanish athlete in the 2013 season. Nadal still leads, 22 to 17. Who knows, maybe Nole would own the head to head with Rafa soon.
Congratulations to Novak Djokovic for a strong finish.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best