Google Helpouts Officially Launched: Live Chat via Video with Experts Feat. Sephora Makeup Tricks [VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | November 12, 2013 12:49 PM EST
Google has officially launched Helpouts on Nov. 5, 2013. It offers netizens help from experts via live chat over video. It includes tips in Art and Music, Computers and Electronics, Home and Garden, Education and Careers, Fashion and Beauty, Fitness and Nutrition, Health and Cooking. One of the first live video chats to be launched was Helpouts by Sephora featuring several makeup tips and tricks from the French brand and chain of cosmetics stores that can be found all over the world and on the Internet.
"Real help, from real people in real time," says the tag line of Helpouts by Google in its Web site.
If you click on "About Helpouts" on its home page, you will see a brief introduction about the Google service.
"Helpouts is a new way to connect people who need help with people who can give help over live video," noted Google in the Helpouts Web site.
Some video tutorials are offered for free while some are offered for a fee. But, don't worry because Google Helpouts has 100% Money Back Guarantee. Google Wallet is used for all the payment. Google will get a 20 percent from the payment. The rest will go to the companies they have partnered with.
Sephora teamed up with Google to assist users with their beauty questions. They are offering tips 24/7 via live video.
Aside from Sephora, Google also partnered with other companies including Weight Watchers and One Medical. Google is reportedly keeping its partners to a minimum for now because it wants to guarantee quality in the video chats by making sure that only experts in the field get to conduct it. Google even does a full background check on companies who want to partner with them and offer their expertise in Helpouts.
It is only available on the web and on the Android app. No word yet if it will be available in the future for Apple iOS.
Google's Vice President (VP) of Engineering Udi Manber is very confident about Helpouts.
"Most of the world's most useful information [still] resides in people's heads," said Manber in a Mashable report.
"With [Google Helpouts], we can open the whole world to everybody," he added.
"In the end, convenience and efficiency always win," Manber said at the press event for Helpouts by Google in a report by The Verge.
Now that Google Helpouts has officially been launched, it looks like YouTube will have some serious competition. Google's edge is that their service is strictly curated and guarantees expert advice from trusted companies. Chat live via video with experts by clicking here. For Sephora makeup tricks, check out Helpouts by Sephora by clicking here.
For Google-related news, click the articles below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks