Maria Sharapova to Compete at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 11, 2013 3:58 PM EST
Maria Sharapova has confirmed that she will compete at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open.
Sharapova made the announcement on her official Facebook page. "Be sure to come watch me defend my title at the 2014 BNP Paribas Open Indian Wells Tennis Garden," she wrote. "Daily tickets are on sale now for #BNP2014," she added.
In 2012, Sharapova beat Caroline Wozniacki in the finals of the BNP Paribas Open. It was the Russian's first title in 2012, her 28th overall, and her second Indian Wells. This win also boosted her ranking to being World No. 2. Wozniacki thought that Sharapova was just too good for her. The Russian player clearly displayed one of her top-notch performances in the 2012 BNP Paribas Open finals.
However, due to her recurring shoulder injury, Sharapova has not been able to compete in all the tournaments she hoped to have participated with in the 2012-2013 tennis season. If he will be back on the court, it would definitely be a treat to her followers and supporters.
She has been training so hard. Sharapova has been continuously sharing her training pictures all over Facebook and Twitter. Without a doubt, she is ready for a big comeback and focused to winning more titles for her career. She has stated recently during an interview with Lee Hawkins that she has no intentions of retiring just yet.
We will definitely see more of the tennis hottie as soon as she has recuperated completely from her injury. Her aggressiveness in the tennis court, the control, command, intensity and angles on her forehand as well as her backhand, are surely missed by many. People would love to see Sharapova hit a powerful swinging volley when she approaches the net or when she attacks lobs.
People are going to be waiting for Sharapova to climb back to seed one where she obviously belongs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop