'The Walking Dead' Season 4: The Governor Is Coming Soon? (Spoiler Alert!)
By Tarun Mazumdar | November 11, 2013 2:36 PM EST
The one-eyed beast or the Governor will make a deadly comeback very soon. He was in Season 3 and apparently Scott Gimple got sick of him.
Robert Kirkman, executive producer/comic book writer, told The Hollywood Reporter that they have devoted a complete season to the conflict of the Governor. But Scott Gimple came and told Kirkman, "You know what? I'm sick of the Governor."
He cleared that they love the character but they wanted to give the Governor a break. "Going right back into that would seem like more retread of Season 3, and that's the thing we don't want to do," he said.
We have watched four episodes of "The Walking Dead" season 4 and can feel the tension rising. To add to the tension, the Governor will make a comeback. He might come in "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5, "Internment."
The time is right for him to make a comeback and shock the survivors.
"We like to keep people guessing, and he definitely will return this season. Just when you think things are getting to a breaking point, that's when the Governor layer will be thrown in to make things that much more deadly and dangerous. It's going to be a really big, memorable moment in the show," Kirkman said.
TVLine, previously, reported that two episodes of the current season called "standalone" will feature the Governor, including flashback to where has been. Wetpaint speculates that episode 6 and episode 7 can be those flashback instalments.
Scott Gimple told The Hollywood Reporter that the return of the Governor will be significant for "The Walking Dead's" storyline. They also wish to exploit the character and go deep into who the Governor is. "He has his public face, he has his private face. We know a great deal about him, but we don't know the truth. When all is said and done, is he the guy who enjoys being a leader and being the salvation to people? Is he this tortured guy who needs to stare at the heads of the men and women he's killed? Which one is he?" Scott told THR.
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 Spoilers (Tread Carefully)
SpoilerTV got to see "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5 in advance, and they revealed this teaser: "Someone is coming back to the prison! I'm not saying who, but it's the last shot of the episode and you don't wanna miss it."
Who is this "someone?" The Governor?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown