'The Walking Dead' Season 4: The Governor Is Coming Soon? (Spoiler Alert!)
By Tarun Mazumdar | November 11, 2013 2:36 PM EST
The one-eyed beast or the Governor will make a deadly comeback very soon. He was in Season 3 and apparently Scott Gimple got sick of him.
Robert Kirkman, executive producer/comic book writer, told The Hollywood Reporter that they have devoted a complete season to the conflict of the Governor. But Scott Gimple came and told Kirkman, "You know what? I'm sick of the Governor."
He cleared that they love the character but they wanted to give the Governor a break. "Going right back into that would seem like more retread of Season 3, and that's the thing we don't want to do," he said.
We have watched four episodes of "The Walking Dead" season 4 and can feel the tension rising. To add to the tension, the Governor will make a comeback. He might come in "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5, "Internment."
The time is right for him to make a comeback and shock the survivors.
"We like to keep people guessing, and he definitely will return this season. Just when you think things are getting to a breaking point, that's when the Governor layer will be thrown in to make things that much more deadly and dangerous. It's going to be a really big, memorable moment in the show," Kirkman said.
TVLine, previously, reported that two episodes of the current season called "standalone" will feature the Governor, including flashback to where has been. Wetpaint speculates that episode 6 and episode 7 can be those flashback instalments.
Scott Gimple told The Hollywood Reporter that the return of the Governor will be significant for "The Walking Dead's" storyline. They also wish to exploit the character and go deep into who the Governor is. "He has his public face, he has his private face. We know a great deal about him, but we don't know the truth. When all is said and done, is he the guy who enjoys being a leader and being the salvation to people? Is he this tortured guy who needs to stare at the heads of the men and women he's killed? Which one is he?" Scott told THR.
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 Spoilers (Tread Carefully)
SpoilerTV got to see "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5 in advance, and they revealed this teaser: "Someone is coming back to the prison! I'm not saying who, but it's the last shot of the episode and you don't wanna miss it."
Who is this "someone?" The Governor?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hints CW TV Series Could End With Season 6, Shares Latest Project on Instagram
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements