'The Walking Dead' Season 4: The Governor Is Coming Soon? (Spoiler Alert!)
By Tarun Mazumdar | November 11, 2013 2:36 PM EST
The one-eyed beast or the Governor will make a deadly comeback very soon. He was in Season 3 and apparently Scott Gimple got sick of him.
Robert Kirkman, executive producer/comic book writer, told The Hollywood Reporter that they have devoted a complete season to the conflict of the Governor. But Scott Gimple came and told Kirkman, "You know what? I'm sick of the Governor."
He cleared that they love the character but they wanted to give the Governor a break. "Going right back into that would seem like more retread of Season 3, and that's the thing we don't want to do," he said.
We have watched four episodes of "The Walking Dead" season 4 and can feel the tension rising. To add to the tension, the Governor will make a comeback. He might come in "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5, "Internment."
The time is right for him to make a comeback and shock the survivors.
"We like to keep people guessing, and he definitely will return this season. Just when you think things are getting to a breaking point, that's when the Governor layer will be thrown in to make things that much more deadly and dangerous. It's going to be a really big, memorable moment in the show," Kirkman said.
TVLine, previously, reported that two episodes of the current season called "standalone" will feature the Governor, including flashback to where has been. Wetpaint speculates that episode 6 and episode 7 can be those flashback instalments.
Scott Gimple told The Hollywood Reporter that the return of the Governor will be significant for "The Walking Dead's" storyline. They also wish to exploit the character and go deep into who the Governor is. "He has his public face, he has his private face. We know a great deal about him, but we don't know the truth. When all is said and done, is he the guy who enjoys being a leader and being the salvation to people? Is he this tortured guy who needs to stare at the heads of the men and women he's killed? Which one is he?" Scott told THR.
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 Spoilers (Tread Carefully)
SpoilerTV got to see "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5 in advance, and they revealed this teaser: "Someone is coming back to the prison! I'm not saying who, but it's the last shot of the episode and you don't wanna miss it."
Who is this "someone?" The Governor?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop