'The Walking Dead' Season 4: The Governor Is Coming Soon? (Spoiler Alert!)
By Tarun Mazumdar | November 11, 2013 2:36 PM EST
The one-eyed beast or the Governor will make a deadly comeback very soon. He was in Season 3 and apparently Scott Gimple got sick of him.
Robert Kirkman, executive producer/comic book writer, told The Hollywood Reporter that they have devoted a complete season to the conflict of the Governor. But Scott Gimple came and told Kirkman, "You know what? I'm sick of the Governor."
He cleared that they love the character but they wanted to give the Governor a break. "Going right back into that would seem like more retread of Season 3, and that's the thing we don't want to do," he said.
We have watched four episodes of "The Walking Dead" season 4 and can feel the tension rising. To add to the tension, the Governor will make a comeback. He might come in "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5, "Internment."
The time is right for him to make a comeback and shock the survivors.
"We like to keep people guessing, and he definitely will return this season. Just when you think things are getting to a breaking point, that's when the Governor layer will be thrown in to make things that much more deadly and dangerous. It's going to be a really big, memorable moment in the show," Kirkman said.
TVLine, previously, reported that two episodes of the current season called "standalone" will feature the Governor, including flashback to where has been. Wetpaint speculates that episode 6 and episode 7 can be those flashback instalments.
Scott Gimple told The Hollywood Reporter that the return of the Governor will be significant for "The Walking Dead's" storyline. They also wish to exploit the character and go deep into who the Governor is. "He has his public face, he has his private face. We know a great deal about him, but we don't know the truth. When all is said and done, is he the guy who enjoys being a leader and being the salvation to people? Is he this tortured guy who needs to stare at the heads of the men and women he's killed? Which one is he?" Scott told THR.
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 Spoilers (Tread Carefully)
SpoilerTV got to see "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 5 in advance, and they revealed this teaser: "Someone is coming back to the prison! I'm not saying who, but it's the last shot of the episode and you don't wanna miss it."
Who is this "someone?" The Governor?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon