‘The Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Admits Former Romance With Kaley Cuoco
By Anne Lu | November 11, 2013 2:30 PM EST
“The Big Bang Theory” co-stars Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco don’t just play romantic partners Leonard and Penny in the show, they also played a romantic couple in real life. That was years ago, though, and Galecki is just opening up about it now.
Their shared past wasn’t really a secret. In 2010, Cuoco, 27, already revealed that she had dated her co-star for a couple of years.
“We dated for almost two years. It was such a huge part of my life and no one knew about it,” she told CBS Watch magazine.
“This is the first time I’ve ever talked about it, ever. It was a wonderful relationship, but we never spoke a word about it and never went anywhere together.”
Keeping a relationship a secret didn’t help them in the long run, though.
“We couldn’t do anything. It wasn’t as fun as we wanted it to be,” she explained why they had split. “Everyone was always asking, and we deny, deny, denied. And I’m like, ‘Why am I denying this person that I love?’”
But even after Cuoco revealed their doomed romance, Galecki has remained quiet. There was no confirmation or denial from his camp, making people wonder if he was really into their relationship.
He’s talking now. Three years after the actress opened up about them, Galecki is now confirming that they have indeed became a couple.
“We’re dear friends, still. Kaley’s not just an ex, she’s a part of my life,” the 38-year-old actor told the same magazine in its December issue.
“I just don’t speak about it. And not because I’m trying to be enigmatic; I just worry that it will conflict with people’s acceptance of Leonard and Penny.”
Unlike their on-screen personas Leonard and Penny, it appears that Galecki and Cuoco’s relationship has no second chance anymore. Galecki is already dating actress Kelli Garner, and Cuoco recently became engaged to tennis player Ryan Sweeting after just three months of dating.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff