Google Person Finder Helps Find PH Super Typhoon Haiyan Victims
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 11, 2013 1:50 PM EST
Google has launched person finder service to help find victims of super typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
Google lend a hand in finding the victims of super typhoon Yolanda (international name: Haiyan) in the Philippines as it launched a specific search assistance for those affected by the typhoon.
If you are one of the many looking for someone or relatives in the affected areas, especially in Tacloban City, Philippines, Google Person Finder may help you. This service can also be used by people who can provide information about the victims. Thus, this can help in notifying the persons looking for them.
This also has a mobile version. You can send a search request via SMS by sending an SMS to 2662999 (Globe subscribers), 4664999 (SMART subscribers), 22020999 (Sun subscribers), or +16508003977 with the message Search person-name. For example, if you are searching for Joshua, send the message Search Joshua.
Meanwhile, the Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC) also launched Social Services Restoring Family Links and Tracing Services.
"If you are looking for a family or friend, contact our Social Services Restoring Family Links and Tracing Services, please call 09175328500," the PNRC said.
Many Filipinos claimed it has become difficult to track their relatives living in the affected areas as the electricity and major lines of communication have been cut off by the extremely strong typhoon.
Super typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines last week leaving over 10,000 dead and millions worth of damages in properties.
According to the latest update from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, 2,055,630 families or 9,497,847 people in 7,027 villages in 455 towns and 49 cities in 41 provinces had been affected. Damage was valued at Php138.5 million, including Php13.79 million in infrastructure and Php125 million in agriculture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2