Gabrielle Union Talks About Being Rejected for 'Scandal' but No Comment on BF Dwyane Wade's Fight with Kevin Durant
By Janice Somosot | November 11, 2013 12:23 PM EST
Gabrielle Union reportedly auditioned for the role of Olivia Pope in the TV show "Scandal" created by Shonda Rhimes ("Grey's Anatomy"). Unfortunately, she was rejected in favor of another actress, Kerry Washington. Union candidly talks about it on the Dec. 2013 issue of ESSENCE Magazine. But, when it comes to boyfriend and NBA Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade's alleged fight with Kevin Durant, she prefers to keep mum on the subject.
Union, who is 41 years old and still stunning has said that she learned a lot from Shonda Rhimes during her audition for "Scandal."
"Going in for 'Scandal,' Shonda [Rhimes] empowered every Black woman who came through her door," Union said to ESSENCE in a Huffington Post report.
"Even if I don't get the next job, or the next five jobs, I don't want to be treated less than how Shonda treated me."
"I was one of the last five or ten to audition...when Kerry got it, I congratulated her. Now after each episode, I'm leading the charge, like Gladiators, stand up! I'm obsessed with the show," she added.
Learn more about Union on the Dec. 2013 issue of ESSENCE Magazine. Her interview includes how she learned to let go of the negativity in her life and appreciate the things that make her happy. Plus, she talks about how she used to be a mean girl before she changed her ways and how Beyonce actually changed her life. The ESSENCE Magazine Dec. 2013 issue will be out on newsstands on Nov. 8, 2013. Make sure to grab a copy of it.
Meanwhile her relationship with Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade is still going strong. But, when TMZ chanced upon her at LAX in California, she wasn't forthcoming about her beau's reported feud on Instagram with Oklahoma City Thunder player Kevin Durant.
Durant reportedly called Wade an overrated player that should not be on the NBA's Top 10 list anymore.
Wade replied about Durant's comment on his Instagram account.
"Kevin Durant said James Harden should replace me in the Top 10... Note to self: Make him respect your place in history...again..." posted Wade on Instagram.
Gabrielle Union may not have gotten the Olivia Pope role because she was rejected for "Scandal," but she still has "Being Mary Jane," which is an original BET series. Also, being NBA Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade's girlfriend isn't such a bad thing either.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan