Gabrielle Union Talks About Being Rejected for 'Scandal' but No Comment on BF Dwyane Wade's Fight with Kevin Durant
By Janice Somosot | November 11, 2013 12:23 PM EST
Gabrielle Union reportedly auditioned for the role of Olivia Pope in the TV show "Scandal" created by Shonda Rhimes ("Grey's Anatomy"). Unfortunately, she was rejected in favor of another actress, Kerry Washington. Union candidly talks about it on the Dec. 2013 issue of ESSENCE Magazine. But, when it comes to boyfriend and NBA Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade's alleged fight with Kevin Durant, she prefers to keep mum on the subject.
Union, who is 41 years old and still stunning has said that she learned a lot from Shonda Rhimes during her audition for "Scandal."
"Going in for 'Scandal,' Shonda [Rhimes] empowered every Black woman who came through her door," Union said to ESSENCE in a Huffington Post report.
"Even if I don't get the next job, or the next five jobs, I don't want to be treated less than how Shonda treated me."
"I was one of the last five or ten to audition...when Kerry got it, I congratulated her. Now after each episode, I'm leading the charge, like Gladiators, stand up! I'm obsessed with the show," she added.
Learn more about Union on the Dec. 2013 issue of ESSENCE Magazine. Her interview includes how she learned to let go of the negativity in her life and appreciate the things that make her happy. Plus, she talks about how she used to be a mean girl before she changed her ways and how Beyonce actually changed her life. The ESSENCE Magazine Dec. 2013 issue will be out on newsstands on Nov. 8, 2013. Make sure to grab a copy of it.
Meanwhile her relationship with Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade is still going strong. But, when TMZ chanced upon her at LAX in California, she wasn't forthcoming about her beau's reported feud on Instagram with Oklahoma City Thunder player Kevin Durant.
Durant reportedly called Wade an overrated player that should not be on the NBA's Top 10 list anymore.
Wade replied about Durant's comment on his Instagram account.
"Kevin Durant said James Harden should replace me in the Top 10... Note to self: Make him respect your place in history...again..." posted Wade on Instagram.
Gabrielle Union may not have gotten the Olivia Pope role because she was rejected for "Scandal," but she still has "Being Mary Jane," which is an original BET series. Also, being NBA Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade's girlfriend isn't such a bad thing either.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia