Amir Khan Involved in a Minor Car Mishap, Khan to Have a Meet and Greet with U.S. Fans
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 9, 2013 10:41 AM EST
British professional boxer Amir Khan, who is currently being eyed as Floyd Mayweather's next opponent, got involved in a minor car mishap on Wednesday.
Khan is currently in the U.S. for a series of planned training sessions. However, due to the minor car accident, the training session was cancelled.
"Hit by a drunk driver on the way to the gym," Khan wrote as the caption for the video he posted Instagram after the incident happened. "Police are here and arrested the man, back neck hurts, he hit us while we was parked full speed," Khan wrote. "No sparring or gym today, Virgil told me to rest," he wrote.
Fortunately, Khan and his driver were not hurt. However, they were a bit shaken up because of the said accident.
Khan is training in San Francisco while talks continue over a possible fight with the Floyd Mayweather in May 2014. While in the U.S, he will also be coming over at New Jersey on Friday for a Meet and Greet with his fans. It will be held at the Maya Hookah Lounge.
Ricky Hatton has already expressed his thoughts on the possibility of having a fight between Amir Khan and Floyd Mayweather. "Amir is probably one boxer who can match Mayweather for speed," Hatton told the Daily Star. "Amir has the style that could really give Floyd some serious problems, you would get good odds on Amir winning," Hatton added.
Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer also thinks that the fight between the British and the American fighter is going to be a fascinating one. Schaefer also agrees with Hatton's prior statement. "Amir Khan is fast, his hand speed and footwork are exceptional," Schaefer told Ring TV. "Khan is great challenger for Mayweather, we will just see if the fight can really be done," said Schaefer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation