Amir Khan Involved in a Minor Car Mishap, Khan to Have a Meet and Greet with U.S. Fans
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 9, 2013 10:41 AM EST
British professional boxer Amir Khan, who is currently being eyed as Floyd Mayweather's next opponent, got involved in a minor car mishap on Wednesday.
Khan is currently in the U.S. for a series of planned training sessions. However, due to the minor car accident, the training session was cancelled.
"Hit by a drunk driver on the way to the gym," Khan wrote as the caption for the video he posted Instagram after the incident happened. "Police are here and arrested the man, back neck hurts, he hit us while we was parked full speed," Khan wrote. "No sparring or gym today, Virgil told me to rest," he wrote.
Fortunately, Khan and his driver were not hurt. However, they were a bit shaken up because of the said accident.
Khan is training in San Francisco while talks continue over a possible fight with the Floyd Mayweather in May 2014. While in the U.S, he will also be coming over at New Jersey on Friday for a Meet and Greet with his fans. It will be held at the Maya Hookah Lounge.
Ricky Hatton has already expressed his thoughts on the possibility of having a fight between Amir Khan and Floyd Mayweather. "Amir is probably one boxer who can match Mayweather for speed," Hatton told the Daily Star. "Amir has the style that could really give Floyd some serious problems, you would get good odds on Amir winning," Hatton added.
Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer also thinks that the fight between the British and the American fighter is going to be a fascinating one. Schaefer also agrees with Hatton's prior statement. "Amir Khan is fast, his hand speed and footwork are exceptional," Schaefer told Ring TV. "Khan is great challenger for Mayweather, we will just see if the fight can really be done," said Schaefer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown