Amir Khan Involved in a Minor Car Mishap, Khan to Have a Meet and Greet with U.S. Fans
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 9, 2013 10:41 AM EST
British professional boxer Amir Khan, who is currently being eyed as Floyd Mayweather's next opponent, got involved in a minor car mishap on Wednesday.
Khan is currently in the U.S. for a series of planned training sessions. However, due to the minor car accident, the training session was cancelled.
"Hit by a drunk driver on the way to the gym," Khan wrote as the caption for the video he posted Instagram after the incident happened. "Police are here and arrested the man, back neck hurts, he hit us while we was parked full speed," Khan wrote. "No sparring or gym today, Virgil told me to rest," he wrote.
Fortunately, Khan and his driver were not hurt. However, they were a bit shaken up because of the said accident.
Khan is training in San Francisco while talks continue over a possible fight with the Floyd Mayweather in May 2014. While in the U.S, he will also be coming over at New Jersey on Friday for a Meet and Greet with his fans. It will be held at the Maya Hookah Lounge.
Ricky Hatton has already expressed his thoughts on the possibility of having a fight between Amir Khan and Floyd Mayweather. "Amir is probably one boxer who can match Mayweather for speed," Hatton told the Daily Star. "Amir has the style that could really give Floyd some serious problems, you would get good odds on Amir winning," Hatton added.
Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaefer also thinks that the fight between the British and the American fighter is going to be a fascinating one. Schaefer also agrees with Hatton's prior statement. "Amir Khan is fast, his hand speed and footwork are exceptional," Schaefer told Ring TV. "Khan is great challenger for Mayweather, we will just see if the fight can really be done," said Schaefer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet