Manny Pacquaio Will Not Retire Win or Lose After Brandon Rios Bout
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 9, 2013 10:35 AM EST
Manny Pacquaio is not going to retire from playing professional boxing just yet. The Filipino boxer, who seems to be on a steady decline after losing in his last two fights, is not going to hang his boxing gloves yet regardless of the outcome of the upcoming bout with American boxer Brandon Rios.
Pacquiao is set to face Rios on Nov. 24 in Macau. The 34-year-old boxer is hopeful that he will be able to bounce back from his recent losses against Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez.
Pacquiao is still yearning to bring his career back. His 15-fight winning streak was ended by Bradley in 2012 after a controversial split decision. Six months later, Pacquiao suffered another defeat after Mexican boxer and long-time rival Marquez knocked him down on the sixth round. Clearly, things aren't going well for Pacquiao, when it comes to his bouts.
Pacquiao has to win his fight against Rios if he wants to get his career back. "The upcoming fight against Rios is definitely one of the most significant fights of my boxing career," said Manny. "I want to show all my supporters that I can still fight," he added.
"I really am expecting to win in this fight," Manny said. "It is important for me because I already lost in my last two fights," he said.
Without a doubt, Rios would not want the fight to be easy for 8-division world champion. Rios, who has just lost once all throughout his entire professional boxing career, is definitely eyeing to bag the vacant World Boxing Organization (WBO) International Welterweight Title.
Pacquiao seems pretty much positive and self-assured heading for the upcoming fight.
"I feel relaxed and confident," said Pacquiao. "I am not looking to retire even if I didn't win in this fight," he said. "My motivation is that I have a passion for boxing, it runs in my blood," he added. "I enjoy doing it and I like to bring entertainment to my supporters all over the world," Pacquiao concluded.
Well, there you have it. It looks like we will be seeing more of Manny Pacquiao inside the boxing ring, whether he wins or loses on his bout against Brandon Rios.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features