Manny Pacquaio Will Not Retire Win or Lose After Brandon Rios Bout
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 9, 2013 10:35 AM EST
Manny Pacquaio is not going to retire from playing professional boxing just yet. The Filipino boxer, who seems to be on a steady decline after losing in his last two fights, is not going to hang his boxing gloves yet regardless of the outcome of the upcoming bout with American boxer Brandon Rios.
Pacquiao is set to face Rios on Nov. 24 in Macau. The 34-year-old boxer is hopeful that he will be able to bounce back from his recent losses against Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez.
Pacquiao is still yearning to bring his career back. His 15-fight winning streak was ended by Bradley in 2012 after a controversial split decision. Six months later, Pacquiao suffered another defeat after Mexican boxer and long-time rival Marquez knocked him down on the sixth round. Clearly, things aren't going well for Pacquiao, when it comes to his bouts.
Pacquiao has to win his fight against Rios if he wants to get his career back. "The upcoming fight against Rios is definitely one of the most significant fights of my boxing career," said Manny. "I want to show all my supporters that I can still fight," he added.
"I really am expecting to win in this fight," Manny said. "It is important for me because I already lost in my last two fights," he said.
Without a doubt, Rios would not want the fight to be easy for 8-division world champion. Rios, who has just lost once all throughout his entire professional boxing career, is definitely eyeing to bag the vacant World Boxing Organization (WBO) International Welterweight Title.
Pacquiao seems pretty much positive and self-assured heading for the upcoming fight.
"I feel relaxed and confident," said Pacquiao. "I am not looking to retire even if I didn't win in this fight," he said. "My motivation is that I have a passion for boxing, it runs in my blood," he added. "I enjoy doing it and I like to bring entertainment to my supporters all over the world," Pacquiao concluded.
Well, there you have it. It looks like we will be seeing more of Manny Pacquiao inside the boxing ring, whether he wins or loses on his bout against Brandon Rios.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones