NCAA Basketball: Duke Blue Devils vs. Kansas Jayhawks Preview -- Who's Better, Parker or Wiggins?
By Jonar Sabilano | November 8, 2013 6:54 PM EST
Fans of NCAA men's basketball need not wait to see two of the college game's hottest prospects face each other. As part of the ESPN College Hoops Tip-off Marathon, the Kansas Jayhawks and the Duke Blue Devils play each other at the United Center in Chicago.
Chicago holds particular meaning for the Blue Devils as their top recruit, forward Jabari Parker, was born and raised there. Parker, the second-ranked player in the class of 2013, is joined by a solid roster of holdovers and freshmen, including center Marshall Plumlee, point guards Quinn Cook and captain Tyler Thornton, and shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon. He will try to fill in the gaps left by forwards Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. However, Parker brings more to the table than the two departures combined. For one, he has a complete all-around game, combining inside scoring, outside shooting, interior defense and rebounding. He has been described as the best high school player since Greg Oden.
The Kansas Jayhawks might have something to say about Duke's #4 pre-season ranking. The #6 Jayhawks might have snagged the best player to ever come out of Canada since a certain Steve Nash arrived at Santa Clara, Andrew Wiggins. The small forward, named the nation's top high school player by SLAM Magazine, is considered the #1 prospect in the 2014 NBA Draft. Wiggins has also been described as a complete player, with both outside shooting and hops, and has been compared to a young LeBron James.
While it is still early in the 2013-14 season, the Duke-Kansas game is expected to be a preview of a possible NCAA Tournament match-up. They are likely to be assigned to different regions and it is possible that they will meet in either the Elite Eight or Final Four. Nevertheless, it will be a great opportunity to see where both Parker and Wiggins are at this point of their very young basketball careers.
The inclusion of any link/s shall be purely for informational purposes, gathered from sources made available on the Internet; such act shall not be meant to aid or abet, impliedly or otherwise, the act/s of any Web site/s cited.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown