NCAA Basketball: Duke Blue Devils vs. Kansas Jayhawks Preview -- Who's Better, Parker or Wiggins?
By Jonar Sabilano | November 8, 2013 6:54 PM EST
Fans of NCAA men's basketball need not wait to see two of the college game's hottest prospects face each other. As part of the ESPN College Hoops Tip-off Marathon, the Kansas Jayhawks and the Duke Blue Devils play each other at the United Center in Chicago.
Chicago holds particular meaning for the Blue Devils as their top recruit, forward Jabari Parker, was born and raised there. Parker, the second-ranked player in the class of 2013, is joined by a solid roster of holdovers and freshmen, including center Marshall Plumlee, point guards Quinn Cook and captain Tyler Thornton, and shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon. He will try to fill in the gaps left by forwards Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. However, Parker brings more to the table than the two departures combined. For one, he has a complete all-around game, combining inside scoring, outside shooting, interior defense and rebounding. He has been described as the best high school player since Greg Oden.
The Kansas Jayhawks might have something to say about Duke's #4 pre-season ranking. The #6 Jayhawks might have snagged the best player to ever come out of Canada since a certain Steve Nash arrived at Santa Clara, Andrew Wiggins. The small forward, named the nation's top high school player by SLAM Magazine, is considered the #1 prospect in the 2014 NBA Draft. Wiggins has also been described as a complete player, with both outside shooting and hops, and has been compared to a young LeBron James.
While it is still early in the 2013-14 season, the Duke-Kansas game is expected to be a preview of a possible NCAA Tournament match-up. They are likely to be assigned to different regions and it is possible that they will meet in either the Elite Eight or Final Four. Nevertheless, it will be a great opportunity to see where both Parker and Wiggins are at this point of their very young basketball careers.
The inclusion of any link/s shall be purely for informational purposes, gathered from sources made available on the Internet; such act shall not be meant to aid or abet, impliedly or otherwise, the act/s of any Web site/s cited.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists