NCAA Basketball: Duke Blue Devils vs. Kansas Jayhawks Preview -- Who's Better, Parker or Wiggins?
By Jonar Sabilano | November 8, 2013 6:54 PM EST
Fans of NCAA men's basketball need not wait to see two of the college game's hottest prospects face each other. As part of the ESPN College Hoops Tip-off Marathon, the Kansas Jayhawks and the Duke Blue Devils play each other at the United Center in Chicago.
Chicago holds particular meaning for the Blue Devils as their top recruit, forward Jabari Parker, was born and raised there. Parker, the second-ranked player in the class of 2013, is joined by a solid roster of holdovers and freshmen, including center Marshall Plumlee, point guards Quinn Cook and captain Tyler Thornton, and shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon. He will try to fill in the gaps left by forwards Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee. However, Parker brings more to the table than the two departures combined. For one, he has a complete all-around game, combining inside scoring, outside shooting, interior defense and rebounding. He has been described as the best high school player since Greg Oden.
The Kansas Jayhawks might have something to say about Duke's #4 pre-season ranking. The #6 Jayhawks might have snagged the best player to ever come out of Canada since a certain Steve Nash arrived at Santa Clara, Andrew Wiggins. The small forward, named the nation's top high school player by SLAM Magazine, is considered the #1 prospect in the 2014 NBA Draft. Wiggins has also been described as a complete player, with both outside shooting and hops, and has been compared to a young LeBron James.
While it is still early in the 2013-14 season, the Duke-Kansas game is expected to be a preview of a possible NCAA Tournament match-up. They are likely to be assigned to different regions and it is possible that they will meet in either the Elite Eight or Final Four. Nevertheless, it will be a great opportunity to see where both Parker and Wiggins are at this point of their very young basketball careers.
The inclusion of any link/s shall be purely for informational purposes, gathered from sources made available on the Internet; such act shall not be meant to aid or abet, impliedly or otherwise, the act/s of any Web site/s cited.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko