Gwyneth Paltrow 'Plotting to Sabotage Vanity Fair's Oscars Party'
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2013 4:57 AM EST
Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow has reportedly reignited her feud with Vanity Fair by launching a plan to shut down the magazine's annual Oscars party in February.
According to RadorOnline, the Iron Man star was still furious with the publication for "mistreating her" and urged her celebrity friends to boycott the bash as payback.
The fallout between Paltrow and Graydon Carter's publication stems from the magazine's decision to publish an "epic takedown" of the actress following her refusal to take part in a planned cover story about her.
She was also said to have been offended by a slew of less than favourable articles the magazine published about some of Tinseltown's elite.
Vanity Fair had published hard-hitting pieces about Tom Cruise and Scientology and Brad Pitt's struggles to produce World War Z.
In May, Paltrow stepped her vendetta up a gear by asking her friends to distance themselves from the magazine.
"Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine," she wrote. "If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never 'do' this magazine again."
The magazine's editor responded by implying that that the "bombshell exposé" would reveal details of the Oscar-winning actress' darkest secrets. It was claimed that Paltrow, 41, cheated on her husband of a decade, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, five years ago with Elle Macpherson's new husband Jeff Soffer - a claim denied by her agent.
The Shakespeare in Love star has vowed to destroy the reputation of the monthly publication, as she has feels that they are trying to bully and intimidate her.
"Gwyneth feels her relationship with the magazine has been destroyed and she's urging pals not just to avoid doing business with the magazine but to skip the mag's Oscar party as well," a source said.
"To be frank, she wants to shut their Oscar party down entirely."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales