Gwyneth Paltrow 'Plotting to Sabotage Vanity Fair's Oscars Party'
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2013 4:57 AM EST
Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow has reportedly reignited her feud with Vanity Fair by launching a plan to shut down the magazine's annual Oscars party in February.
According to RadorOnline, the Iron Man star was still furious with the publication for "mistreating her" and urged her celebrity friends to boycott the bash as payback.
The fallout between Paltrow and Graydon Carter's publication stems from the magazine's decision to publish an "epic takedown" of the actress following her refusal to take part in a planned cover story about her.
She was also said to have been offended by a slew of less than favourable articles the magazine published about some of Tinseltown's elite.
Vanity Fair had published hard-hitting pieces about Tom Cruise and Scientology and Brad Pitt's struggles to produce World War Z.
In May, Paltrow stepped her vendetta up a gear by asking her friends to distance themselves from the magazine.
"Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine," she wrote. "If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never 'do' this magazine again."
The magazine's editor responded by implying that that the "bombshell exposé" would reveal details of the Oscar-winning actress' darkest secrets. It was claimed that Paltrow, 41, cheated on her husband of a decade, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, five years ago with Elle Macpherson's new husband Jeff Soffer - a claim denied by her agent.
The Shakespeare in Love star has vowed to destroy the reputation of the monthly publication, as she has feels that they are trying to bully and intimidate her.
"Gwyneth feels her relationship with the magazine has been destroyed and she's urging pals not just to avoid doing business with the magazine but to skip the mag's Oscar party as well," a source said.
"To be frank, she wants to shut their Oscar party down entirely."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop