Gwyneth Paltrow 'Plotting to Sabotage Vanity Fair's Oscars Party'
By Toyin Owoseje | November 8, 2013 4:57 AM EST
Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow has reportedly reignited her feud with Vanity Fair by launching a plan to shut down the magazine's annual Oscars party in February.
According to RadorOnline, the Iron Man star was still furious with the publication for "mistreating her" and urged her celebrity friends to boycott the bash as payback.
The fallout between Paltrow and Graydon Carter's publication stems from the magazine's decision to publish an "epic takedown" of the actress following her refusal to take part in a planned cover story about her.
She was also said to have been offended by a slew of less than favourable articles the magazine published about some of Tinseltown's elite.
Vanity Fair had published hard-hitting pieces about Tom Cruise and Scientology and Brad Pitt's struggles to produce World War Z.
In May, Paltrow stepped her vendetta up a gear by asking her friends to distance themselves from the magazine.
"Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine," she wrote. "If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never 'do' this magazine again."
The magazine's editor responded by implying that that the "bombshell exposé" would reveal details of the Oscar-winning actress' darkest secrets. It was claimed that Paltrow, 41, cheated on her husband of a decade, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, five years ago with Elle Macpherson's new husband Jeff Soffer - a claim denied by her agent.
The Shakespeare in Love star has vowed to destroy the reputation of the monthly publication, as she has feels that they are trying to bully and intimidate her.
"Gwyneth feels her relationship with the magazine has been destroyed and she's urging pals not just to avoid doing business with the magazine but to skip the mag's Oscar party as well," a source said.
"To be frank, she wants to shut their Oscar party down entirely."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary