CMA 2013: Award Night Belonged to Taylor Swift, See Her Perform on 'Red' [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | November 7, 2013 4:29 PM EST
It was the night of the very talented and gorgeous Taylor Swift as she won the prestigious Pinnacle Award at the 2013 Country Music Awards on Wednesday night in Nashville, Tennessee. The 23-year-old singer took her guitar out and enthralled the audience with her melodious voice. Swift performed on "Red" with help from special guests Vince Gill, Alison Krauss, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer, and Eric Carken. Earlier in the night, Taylor was seen dressed in her favourite colour red when she arrived on the red carpet at the Bridgestone Arena.
The 23-year-old singer was praised by George Strait, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Keith Urban and Brad Paisle as she won the Pinnacle Award at the 47th annual Country Music Association Awards. For Taylor, it means more than 25 million albums sold and 75 million song downloads.
The congratulatory messages just kept on flowing from all corners and stunned Taylor Swift. When Mick Jagger appeared on screen in a pre-recorded message, an excited Swift jumped in her chair, and when Justin Timberlake sent his congrats, she was seen saying a surprised "WHAT?"
Taylor Swift was greeted with a video salute from various artists including Julia Roberts, Carly Simon, Ethel Kennedy and Ellen DeGeneres. An excited Swift shouted by seeing these people on screen.
The "Love Story" singer then went nostalgic and remembered the time when she got the call from her Big Machine Records head Scott Borchetta when she was just 16 years old.
"He said, 'Can you be on the road in two days to open for Rascal Flatts, and I immediately started screaming and said, 'This must be a miracle,'" she said. "He said, 'No, it's not a miracle. Eric Church got fired for playing too long."
"You've made me feel so special right now, thank you," an ecstatic Swift told the audience. The country singer was nominated for six awards coming into the CMAs (tied with Kacey Musgraves for the most nominations), including the CMA nights top honor, entertainer of the year. The show host Carrie Underwood also looked gorgeous in a sheer sexy gown.
Taylor Swift - CMA Awards 2013 - RED
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO