CMA 2013: Award Night Belonged to Taylor Swift, See Her Perform on 'Red' [SEE VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | November 7, 2013 4:29 PM EST
It was the night of the very talented and gorgeous Taylor Swift as she won the prestigious Pinnacle Award at the 2013 Country Music Awards on Wednesday night in Nashville, Tennessee. The 23-year-old singer took her guitar out and enthralled the audience with her melodious voice. Swift performed on "Red" with help from special guests Vince Gill, Alison Krauss, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer, and Eric Carken. Earlier in the night, Taylor was seen dressed in her favourite colour red when she arrived on the red carpet at the Bridgestone Arena.
The 23-year-old singer was praised by George Strait, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Keith Urban and Brad Paisle as she won the Pinnacle Award at the 47th annual Country Music Association Awards. For Taylor, it means more than 25 million albums sold and 75 million song downloads.
The congratulatory messages just kept on flowing from all corners and stunned Taylor Swift. When Mick Jagger appeared on screen in a pre-recorded message, an excited Swift jumped in her chair, and when Justin Timberlake sent his congrats, she was seen saying a surprised "WHAT?"
Taylor Swift was greeted with a video salute from various artists including Julia Roberts, Carly Simon, Ethel Kennedy and Ellen DeGeneres. An excited Swift shouted by seeing these people on screen.
The "Love Story" singer then went nostalgic and remembered the time when she got the call from her Big Machine Records head Scott Borchetta when she was just 16 years old.
"He said, 'Can you be on the road in two days to open for Rascal Flatts, and I immediately started screaming and said, 'This must be a miracle,'" she said. "He said, 'No, it's not a miracle. Eric Church got fired for playing too long."
"You've made me feel so special right now, thank you," an ecstatic Swift told the audience. The country singer was nominated for six awards coming into the CMAs (tied with Kacey Musgraves for the most nominations), including the CMA nights top honor, entertainer of the year. The show host Carrie Underwood also looked gorgeous in a sheer sexy gown.
Taylor Swift - CMA Awards 2013 - RED
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date