PS4 and PS3 Games News: 300 PS3 Titles by Christmas, 4 More Games Detailed for the PS4
By Gel Galang | November 7, 2013 3:29 PM EST
In celebration of surpassing the 80 million sales mark for the PS3 this November, as well as a grand total of more than 4,300 games released for the console, Sony has announced an even bigger surprise for the console.
Consider it a Christmas gift, as Sony announces more than 300 game titles coming out over the Christmas period.
IGN reports that, while the PS3 is now celebrating the seventh year for its lifetime, it's still a very strong console that is looking at a robust following despite the PS4's release this year.
This is yet another reason to keep your PS3 around---and an even bigger reason for those who are not yet thinking of buying the next-gen console PS4, at least not at the moment.
Knack Gets an iOS Partner App
Just like a number of upcoming games, PS4's "Knack" also gets a mobile app that will let you earn items whenever you're not in front of your console.
Escapist Magazine reports that the "Knack" app, "Knack's Quest," which is now out for the iOS, can already let you prepare for the main game before it comes out with the PS4. Like the other line-up-three-to-win matching games, you have to complete the stages so that "Knack" will be able to get his largest body.
The items that you'll earn with the PS4 "Knack" app can be transferred to your inventory in the main game. Download the app via iTunes from here.
Know what the debunked issues for the PS4 are: Read more here.
Winter Brings 2 More PS4 Games
PS4 is also expecting two more games to come in December. Gematsu has reported that "Doki-Doki Universe," the interesting indie game featuring a robot, will be coming to the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita come December.
It's a free to download game that's also a network of itself with mailing and messaging applications for players. In-app purchases cover RPG and interactive storytelling parts, so it's not entirely free if you want the whole "Doki-Doki" experience.
Around the same time, another game will come to the PS4, titled "Mercenary Kings." Another indie developer, Tribute Games will come out with "Mercenary Kings," and according to the PlayStation Blog, it'll bring back the old-fashioned gunnin' and shootin' platform with a lot more weapons, some of which you can craft yourself.
Overall, you'll get 100 missions, a lot of possible weapons crafted, and PS4-PS Vita multiplayer gaming, which is supposed to be the main meat of the game.
Some speculations about what will come out for the "Metal Gear Solid 5" game: Read more here.
'Peggle 2' Gets a Rating for PS4
One of the announcements for the Xbox One had made quite a show before was the arrival of "Peggle 2" to the console. While there were no talks about exclusivity as a franchise (in fact, PopCap Games hinted that it will be ported to as many platforms as possible), it seems that its arrival for Sony's next-gen console is inevitable and fast.
According to Joystiq, "Peggle 2" has already been classified for the PS4 by South Korea's Game Rating Board together with the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The question now would be how long the timed exclusivity will be for the Xbox One, since it was already announced that it will come to Microsoft's next-gen console first.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate