Katy Perry's 'PRISM' Album: Biohazard in Australia - Police
By Janice Somosot | November 7, 2013 12:15 AM EST
Katy Perry's new deluxe edition "PRISM" album, which is ARIA Chart's no. 1 album, has been considered a biological hazard (biohazard) by the biosecurity officers of the Department of Agriculture in Australia.
Perry's album (deluxe edition) reportedly contains a small packet of seeds given away to customers. She hopes that her fans will plant these seeds. Mo matter how noble her intentions are, the Australian government is not taking any chances. A biosecurity inspection of all the copies of Perry's "PRISM" album that will be coming into Australia was ordered.
Fans who have already bought copies of the said album in Australia need not panic. According to news.com.au, the album's production company has assured the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) in Australia that the "PRISM" albums released in the country only contain locally sourced Swan River Daisy seeds, which are harmless.
However, this is not case for the international editions of the "PRISM" albums. These albums will be closely monitored.
"The Australian government has a strong system in place to detect and respond to material of biosecurity concern. This includes the inspection of mail, cargo and baggage," a spokesman of DAFF said in the news.com.au report.
Australia has a strict biosecurity compliance strategy to ensure the safety of the people, animals and plants living in the "Land Down Under."
It monitors the areas of highest risk to the biosecurity of Australia, including:
- routine and random inspections
- targeted campaigns
- routine and random audits
- periodic and specific surveillance
- intelligence gathering and data analysis
- the 1800 hotline
The country's biosecurity structure is divided into different divisions such as:
- Border Compliance Division
- Biosecurity Policy Division
- Biosecurity Food Division
- Biosecurity Plant Division
- Biosecurity Animal Division
- People and Service Delivery Division
This issue falls under the Biosecurity Plant Division, which is managed by First Assistant Secretary Tom Aldred (Switchboard: +61 2 6272 3933). His team includes Assistant Sec. Bill Magee (Plant Biosecurity), Assistant Sec. David Heinrich A/g (Plant Health Policy), Assistant Sec. Louise van Meurs (Plant Import Operations) and Assistant Sec. Kylie Calhoun (Plant Export Operations).
Violators of biosecurity will be warned, sanctioned or suspended and their permits or approvals may be canceled. Goods may be seized and infringement notices (on-the-spot fines) may be issued with criminal prosecution.
Read more on Katy Perry's "Roar" Single Tops ARIA Singles Chart for 8 Weeks (click here)
Read more on Katy Perry 'Roars' at the Sydney Opera House for Aussie Promo of 'PRISM' Album (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Aurora Borealis Paints A Beautiful Picture On The Northern Skies [Watch Video]
- West Seattle Man Accuses Stranger Obese Woman Of Rape While He Was Asleep
- Testicular Cancer Survivor Pushes 6-Foot Giant Ball Across The US To Create Awareness About Ailment
- What Is Black Apple -- And Why It Matters
- Sleep Well To Work Better And More
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date