Katy Perry's 'PRISM' Album: Biohazard in Australia - Police
By Janice Somosot | November 7, 2013 12:15 AM EST
Katy Perry's new deluxe edition "PRISM" album, which is ARIA Chart's no. 1 album, has been considered a biological hazard (biohazard) by the biosecurity officers of the Department of Agriculture in Australia.
Perry's album (deluxe edition) reportedly contains a small packet of seeds given away to customers. She hopes that her fans will plant these seeds. Mo matter how noble her intentions are, the Australian government is not taking any chances. A biosecurity inspection of all the copies of Perry's "PRISM" album that will be coming into Australia was ordered.
Fans who have already bought copies of the said album in Australia need not panic. According to news.com.au, the album's production company has assured the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) in Australia that the "PRISM" albums released in the country only contain locally sourced Swan River Daisy seeds, which are harmless.
However, this is not case for the international editions of the "PRISM" albums. These albums will be closely monitored.
"The Australian government has a strong system in place to detect and respond to material of biosecurity concern. This includes the inspection of mail, cargo and baggage," a spokesman of DAFF said in the news.com.au report.
Australia has a strict biosecurity compliance strategy to ensure the safety of the people, animals and plants living in the "Land Down Under."
It monitors the areas of highest risk to the biosecurity of Australia, including:
- routine and random inspections
- targeted campaigns
- routine and random audits
- periodic and specific surveillance
- intelligence gathering and data analysis
- the 1800 hotline
The country's biosecurity structure is divided into different divisions such as:
- Border Compliance Division
- Biosecurity Policy Division
- Biosecurity Food Division
- Biosecurity Plant Division
- Biosecurity Animal Division
- People and Service Delivery Division
This issue falls under the Biosecurity Plant Division, which is managed by First Assistant Secretary Tom Aldred (Switchboard: +61 2 6272 3933). His team includes Assistant Sec. Bill Magee (Plant Biosecurity), Assistant Sec. David Heinrich A/g (Plant Health Policy), Assistant Sec. Louise van Meurs (Plant Import Operations) and Assistant Sec. Kylie Calhoun (Plant Export Operations).
Violators of biosecurity will be warned, sanctioned or suspended and their permits or approvals may be canceled. Goods may be seized and infringement notices (on-the-spot fines) may be issued with criminal prosecution.
Read more on Katy Perry's "Roar" Single Tops ARIA Singles Chart for 8 Weeks (click here)
Read more on Katy Perry 'Roars' at the Sydney Opera House for Aussie Promo of 'PRISM' Album (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Tree of 40 Fruit: A Tree That Produces 40 Fruits in New York
- HIV Cure: First Effective Cure to Have Long-Term Remission; 3 Factors to Check on Inactive Virus
- Study Shows Oceans are Vital For Alien Life
- Experts Recommend a New Discipline Combining Neuroscience and Psychology
- Sunspots Take Off: 'Big Quiet'
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People