Watch NBA Online: Toronto Raptors vs. Charlotte Bobcats, Betting Odds And Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 7, 2013 12:05 AM EST
The Toronto Raptors are off to a disappointing home loss to the Miami Heat. Meanwhile the Charlotte Bobcats are coming from an inspiring road win against New York Knicks.
The Raptors visit the Bobcats Wednesday evening as both teams look to improve their 2-2 win-loss records in the early part of the 2013-2014 NBA regular season.
Toronto couldn’t take advantage of a Heat squad playing without big man Chris Bosh falling to the defending champions to the tune of 104-95.
Charlotte did take advantage of a Knicks team which lost center Tyson Chandler to a right knee injury mid-first quarter and won 102-97 at the Madison Square Garden.
Both team split their first four games of the season alternating wins and losses to start the season. The Raps have won over the Boston Celtics (93-87) and Milwaukee Bucks and losses vs. Atlanta Hawks (102-95) and the Heat.
"Those turnovers in that one stretch broke our back," Toronto Head Coach Dwane Casey via nba.com said after the loss to the Heat, who forced the 15 turnovers from the Raptors, more than half of which coming in the crucial payoff period.
The Bobcats won against the Cleveland Cavaliers (90-84) and Knicks and lost vs. Houston Rockets (96-83) and New Orleans Pelicans (105-84).
In contrast, Charlotte Head Coach Steve Clifford was impressed with how his young team responded after New York cut down the deficit late in the game.
"The last four or five minutes wasn't easy, we had a lot of guys step up and make plays. To me, those are the best kind of games to win," the first-year mentor of the Bobcats said.
The Raptors and Bobcats split their season series in 2012-2013 with the home team getting the victory in each game.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Toronto Raptors (-2.5) vs. Charlotte Bobcats (O/U: 201.0)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Raptors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Southeast division teams
- Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games in the 2nd game of a back-to-back schedule
- Raptors are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in Charlotte
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- Bobcats are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Bobcats are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games at home
- Bobcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- Bobcats are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown