Watch NBA Online: Toronto Raptors vs. Charlotte Bobcats, Betting Odds And Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 7, 2013 12:05 AM EST
The Toronto Raptors are off to a disappointing home loss to the Miami Heat. Meanwhile the Charlotte Bobcats are coming from an inspiring road win against New York Knicks.
The Raptors visit the Bobcats Wednesday evening as both teams look to improve their 2-2 win-loss records in the early part of the 2013-2014 NBA regular season.
Toronto couldn’t take advantage of a Heat squad playing without big man Chris Bosh falling to the defending champions to the tune of 104-95.
Charlotte did take advantage of a Knicks team which lost center Tyson Chandler to a right knee injury mid-first quarter and won 102-97 at the Madison Square Garden.
Both team split their first four games of the season alternating wins and losses to start the season. The Raps have won over the Boston Celtics (93-87) and Milwaukee Bucks and losses vs. Atlanta Hawks (102-95) and the Heat.
"Those turnovers in that one stretch broke our back," Toronto Head Coach Dwane Casey via nba.com said after the loss to the Heat, who forced the 15 turnovers from the Raptors, more than half of which coming in the crucial payoff period.
The Bobcats won against the Cleveland Cavaliers (90-84) and Knicks and lost vs. Houston Rockets (96-83) and New Orleans Pelicans (105-84).
In contrast, Charlotte Head Coach Steve Clifford was impressed with how his young team responded after New York cut down the deficit late in the game.
"The last four or five minutes wasn't easy, we had a lot of guys step up and make plays. To me, those are the best kind of games to win," the first-year mentor of the Bobcats said.
The Raptors and Bobcats split their season series in 2012-2013 with the home team getting the victory in each game.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Toronto Raptors (-2.5) vs. Charlotte Bobcats (O/U: 201.0)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Raptors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Southeast division teams
- Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games in the 2nd game of a back-to-back schedule
- Raptors are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in Charlotte
Charlotte Bobcats Trends
- Bobcats are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games
- Bobcats are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games at home
- Bobcats are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- Bobcats are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’