Pokemon X and Y Torchic Distribution for the Mega Evolution of Blaziken [VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | November 5, 2013 8:30 PM EST
Pokemon X and Y players can now get a special Torchic Pokemon holding a Blazikenite, which is a Mega Stone that can transform Blaziken into the Mega-Evolved Pokemon, Mega Blaziken.
According to the official Pokemon X and Y website, the special Torchic and the Blazikenite cannot be acquired through normal gameplay. It can only be obtained via the Nintendo Network by connecting one's Nintendo 3DS game console to a Wireless Internet connection.
This special Torchic is equipped with a Hidden Ability Speed Boost which increases speed at the end of every turn. It is an extremely rare Level 10 Pokemon with knowledge of several moves including Focus Energy, Growl, Scratch and Ember.
Torchic Distribution Instructions:
1. Connect to the Internet - Players must have a broadband Internet connection (Cable, DSL, FIOS) with speeds of 1Mbps or more. They should also have a wireless router connected to the broadband Internet connection.
2. From the HOME menu, tap on the System Settings Icon
3. Tap "Internet Settings"
4. Tap "Connection Settings"
5. Tap "New Connection"
6. Tap "Manual Setup" when asked if you would like help with the Internet connection setup
7. Tap "Search for an Access Point"
8. Once the search is complete, locate and tap the name of your wireless access point
9. If prompted to enter a security key, use the keyboard on the lower screen to enter the security key and tap "OK" after. If you are not prompted to enter a security key, skip to the next step.
10. Tap "OK" to save your settings
11. Tap "OK" again to begin a connection test.
- Successful - your system is now connected online.
- Not Successful - you will receive an error code. Try the error code lookup for detailed information on many common error codes. This is located on the left side of this page.
After a Successful Connection Test:
1. Complete the Update - this could take a few minutes. If the progress bar is stuck, power off the system and try to update again.
2. Review the User Agreements - these are found on the "Internet" settings menu.
You now have access to wireless game play over the Internet, your Friend List, messages and updates. More importantly, you can finally receive the special Torchic Pokemon holding a Blazikenite for the Mega Evolution of Blaziken.
Steps to Receive the Torchic holding a Blazikenite Mega Stone:
1. Select the Mystery Gift on the main menu
2. Select Receive Gift, then Yes
3. Select Get Via Internet, then Yes
4. Watch as you receive Torchic (Message says: "The gift has been received!")
5. Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokemon Center to receive the special Torchic (Message says: "Player received Torchic!")
6. Save the game
Torchic is a Fire-type starter Pokemon that evolves into Combusken at level 16. And then, it evolves into Blaziken at level 36. As its name suggests, it is a chick with yellow wings and is covered in orange feathers. A flame-like crest rests on its head. A male Torchic has a black speck on its rear. The female Torchic lacks that black speck. Its weapon is the ability to shoot fireballs at its enemies. It is the lightest and slowest Fire-type starter Pokemon.
The Pokemon X and Y Torchic Distribution for the Mega Evolution of Blaziken is only available for a limited time (from Oct. 12, 2013 to Jan. 15, 2014). If you miss your chance to receive this rare Torchic as a gift, then kiss Mega Evolve Blaziken goodbye. That's why Pokemon X and Y players should take advantage of this rare Torchic gift by connecting to the Internet as soon as they can and following the Torchic Distribution Instructions and the steps to receive the torchic with the Blazikenite.
Check out Pokemon X and Y Related News:
Pokemon X & Y Super Training System (click here)
The New 'Pokemon X and Y' Poke Transporter App (click here)
'Pokemon X and Y's' Pokemon-Amie: Take Care of Your Pokemon by Feeding and Playing with Them! (click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More