Where to Watch NBA Online: Celtics-Grizzlies Betting Advice and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 5, 2013 11:53 AM EST
Both the Memphis Grizzlies and Boston Celtics are off to slow starts in the 2013-14 NBA regular season. The latter is expected to go through some growing pains as they are in rebuilding mode but the struggle has been a surprise for the team from Memphis, who was one of the best teams in the league last season.
With new head coach David Joerger, Memphis hasn’t been as good on defense as they were in the 2012-13 season. They have allowed 106.7 points per game through three games or the 6th worst in the league. Indeed, a statistic they want to monitor and improve on because the Grizzlies were one of the best defensive teams last year giving up only 93.2 points per outing.
A match-up with the lowly Celtics can their D back on track. The Celtics are 28th in the league in scoring averaging just 87.3 PPG and 30th in assist with only 14.3 dimes per outing.
Also with a new head coach in Brad Stevens, who is the youngest mentor in the league, Boston has yet to crack the scoring century mark in three games with losses to the Toronto Raptors (93-87), Milwaukee Bucks (105-98) and Detroit Pistons (87-77).
Without Rajon Rondo who is still recovering from a torn right ACL, the Celtics offense resembles no sort of identity. Veteran forwards Jeff Green and Brandon Bass lead the team in scoring with 15.0 PPG and 13.3 PPG, respectively and has been getting positive contributions from rookie center Vitor Faverani (11.0 PPG). Seven other players average 7 points or more for Boston.
The usual suspects are the leaders for Memphis. Mike Conley averages a team-leading 20.0 PPG and adds 6.3 APG and 2.3 SPG, Marc Gasol with 17.3 PPG and 7.3 RPG and Zach Randolph with 13.0 PPG and 10.3 RPG.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Boston Celtics (+12) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (O/U: 185.5)
Boston Celtics Trends
- Celtics are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Memphis
- Celtics are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Celtics are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Western Conference teams
- Celtics are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games vs. Southwest division teams
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- Grizzlies are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Boston
- Grizzlies are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Grizzlies are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Eastern Conference teams
- Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World