Where to Watch NBA Online: Celtics-Grizzlies Betting Advice and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 5, 2013 11:53 AM EST
Both the Memphis Grizzlies and Boston Celtics are off to slow starts in the 2013-14 NBA regular season. The latter is expected to go through some growing pains as they are in rebuilding mode but the struggle has been a surprise for the team from Memphis, who was one of the best teams in the league last season.
With new head coach David Joerger, Memphis hasn’t been as good on defense as they were in the 2012-13 season. They have allowed 106.7 points per game through three games or the 6th worst in the league. Indeed, a statistic they want to monitor and improve on because the Grizzlies were one of the best defensive teams last year giving up only 93.2 points per outing.
A match-up with the lowly Celtics can their D back on track. The Celtics are 28th in the league in scoring averaging just 87.3 PPG and 30th in assist with only 14.3 dimes per outing.
Also with a new head coach in Brad Stevens, who is the youngest mentor in the league, Boston has yet to crack the scoring century mark in three games with losses to the Toronto Raptors (93-87), Milwaukee Bucks (105-98) and Detroit Pistons (87-77).
Without Rajon Rondo who is still recovering from a torn right ACL, the Celtics offense resembles no sort of identity. Veteran forwards Jeff Green and Brandon Bass lead the team in scoring with 15.0 PPG and 13.3 PPG, respectively and has been getting positive contributions from rookie center Vitor Faverani (11.0 PPG). Seven other players average 7 points or more for Boston.
The usual suspects are the leaders for Memphis. Mike Conley averages a team-leading 20.0 PPG and adds 6.3 APG and 2.3 SPG, Marc Gasol with 17.3 PPG and 7.3 RPG and Zach Randolph with 13.0 PPG and 10.3 RPG.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Boston Celtics (+12) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (O/U: 185.5)
Boston Celtics Trends
- Celtics are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Memphis
- Celtics are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Celtics are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Western Conference teams
- Celtics are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games vs. Southwest division teams
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- Grizzlies are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Boston
- Grizzlies are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Grizzlies are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Eastern Conference teams
- Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone