Where to Watch NBA Online: Celtics-Grizzlies Betting Advice and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 5, 2013 11:53 AM EST
Both the Memphis Grizzlies and Boston Celtics are off to slow starts in the 2013-14 NBA regular season. The latter is expected to go through some growing pains as they are in rebuilding mode but the struggle has been a surprise for the team from Memphis, who was one of the best teams in the league last season.
With new head coach David Joerger, Memphis hasn’t been as good on defense as they were in the 2012-13 season. They have allowed 106.7 points per game through three games or the 6th worst in the league. Indeed, a statistic they want to monitor and improve on because the Grizzlies were one of the best defensive teams last year giving up only 93.2 points per outing.
A match-up with the lowly Celtics can their D back on track. The Celtics are 28th in the league in scoring averaging just 87.3 PPG and 30th in assist with only 14.3 dimes per outing.
Also with a new head coach in Brad Stevens, who is the youngest mentor in the league, Boston has yet to crack the scoring century mark in three games with losses to the Toronto Raptors (93-87), Milwaukee Bucks (105-98) and Detroit Pistons (87-77).
Without Rajon Rondo who is still recovering from a torn right ACL, the Celtics offense resembles no sort of identity. Veteran forwards Jeff Green and Brandon Bass lead the team in scoring with 15.0 PPG and 13.3 PPG, respectively and has been getting positive contributions from rookie center Vitor Faverani (11.0 PPG). Seven other players average 7 points or more for Boston.
The usual suspects are the leaders for Memphis. Mike Conley averages a team-leading 20.0 PPG and adds 6.3 APG and 2.3 SPG, Marc Gasol with 17.3 PPG and 7.3 RPG and Zach Randolph with 13.0 PPG and 10.3 RPG.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Boston Celtics (+12) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (O/U: 185.5)
Boston Celtics Trends
- Celtics are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Memphis
- Celtics are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a loss
- Celtics are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Western Conference teams
- Celtics are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games vs. Southwest division teams
Memphis Grizzlies Trends
- Grizzlies are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Boston
- Grizzlies are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Grizzlies are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Eastern Conference teams
- Grizzlies are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation