Manny Pacquiao Insists He’s too Young to Retire from Boxing (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | November 5, 2013 9:49 AM EST
Eight-division titleholder Manny Pacquiao insisted on Monday that he is not a has been or over the hill in his boxing career. Stressing that he is not ready to hand his gloves despite two heartbreaking losses in the ring, Pacquiao told HBO's Max Kellerman he is too young to retire.
"My speed and power are still there ... I believe that I can prove to the people that I can still fight, and that my boxing career is not done yet."
He plans to prove this in his Nov 24 bout in Macau against American boxer Brandon Rios in a welterweight match. Because of his loss to American boxer Timothy Bradley in June 2012 and to Juan Manuel Marquez in December 2012, some boxing enthusiasts had written Manny off, while sports writers has returned the title of pound-for-pound king to Floyd Mayweather Jr who has no losses yet.
"The most important thing is that I want to get back the trust and confidence of the fans ... I have a 100% desire to continue my boxing career. I'm not old. I'm still young," he added.
"My time is not yet over. So this generation is still my generation," the 34-year-old boxer from General Santos City and current representative of Sarangani Province said.
However, Rios had warned the Pacquiao camp not to write him off, saying, "I've got to go in there and I gotta retire you. I've got to retire Manny Pacquiao because I'm the next star."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS