Google Nexus 5 Review Before Buying, Packed Smartphone With Affordable Price
By Christine Lazaro | November 5, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Google Nexus 5 is the latest smartphone in the market that can offer any user much power and potential without having to spend too much on price. With main features starting with its Snapdragon 800 chip, an IPS LCD screen plus its smaller 4.5-inch display, no one will turn this phone down.
With its improved overall design, the Nexus 5 is better to hold. This is probably because of its glass replaced now with rubberized plastic material. Its camera aside from having an 8MP option feature also has the OIS or the optical image stabilization technology.
Like the iPhone, it does not have an option of a MicroSD slot but if you want a bigger memory, then allot an extra $50 for a 32GB model. This is more affordable than a $100 increase for the next storage option of the iPhone.
Due to its Android 4.4 KitKat OS, its 1080p touchscreen is clearer and high-speed LTE friendly. Once you test its speed, you can get a performance as fast as 46mbps download and even 10mbps upload speed if you will get it with an AT&T contract. Aside from all these, it boasts of dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
Probably the best thing about it is the Voice Search that you only have to say OK to Google before it can search the Web on its own. You can also use your voice to make the next call or get directions from Google maps or even start an application.
(Video Credit: YouTube/CNETTV)
Along with this, the quality of its calls is excellent as it varies according to your chosen carrier and network. Its speakers also render good and high quality sound, but generally, it would still depend on the kind of your headsets you will use.
If you are still confused whether you should upgrade to a Google Nexus 5 coming from being a Nexus 4 user, then you need not to think twice. This one pack with high quality and affordability all mixed up well and right.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date