Google Nexus 5 Review Before Buying, Packed Smartphone With Affordable Price
By Christine Lazaro | November 5, 2013 12:00 AM EST
Google Nexus 5 is the latest smartphone in the market that can offer any user much power and potential without having to spend too much on price. With main features starting with its Snapdragon 800 chip, an IPS LCD screen plus its smaller 4.5-inch display, no one will turn this phone down.
With its improved overall design, the Nexus 5 is better to hold. This is probably because of its glass replaced now with rubberized plastic material. Its camera aside from having an 8MP option feature also has the OIS or the optical image stabilization technology.
Like the iPhone, it does not have an option of a MicroSD slot but if you want a bigger memory, then allot an extra $50 for a 32GB model. This is more affordable than a $100 increase for the next storage option of the iPhone.
Due to its Android 4.4 KitKat OS, its 1080p touchscreen is clearer and high-speed LTE friendly. Once you test its speed, you can get a performance as fast as 46mbps download and even 10mbps upload speed if you will get it with an AT&T contract. Aside from all these, it boasts of dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
Probably the best thing about it is the Voice Search that you only have to say OK to Google before it can search the Web on its own. You can also use your voice to make the next call or get directions from Google maps or even start an application.
(Video Credit: YouTube/CNETTV)
Along with this, the quality of its calls is excellent as it varies according to your chosen carrier and network. Its speakers also render good and high quality sound, but generally, it would still depend on the kind of your headsets you will use.
If you are still confused whether you should upgrade to a Google Nexus 5 coming from being a Nexus 4 user, then you need not to think twice. This one pack with high quality and affordability all mixed up well and right.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date