Olivia Culpo To Give Away Her Crown, Her Thoughts on Losing Miss Universe
By Sonalee singh | November 4, 2013 8:22 PM EST
Miss Universe Olivia Culpo will give away her crown on Nov.9 at Crocus City Hall in Moscow. Culpo told in an interview to the The Providence Journal, "At this point I'm so exhausted, I'll say I need at least a month at home."
Olivia Culpo began her journey as Miss Universe as a freshman in Boston University. She was crowned Miss Universe 2012 in Las Vegas and since then, she has been at the helm of various global affairs. lhe has been the spokesperson for HIV/AIDS Awareness and has advocated for such organizations as Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, God's Love We Deliver and Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC).
Culpo also got into a controversy after she took part in the unauthorized photo shoot at the Taj Mahal in October 2013. According to India's heritage act, It is considered offensive to do a commercial photo shoot in Taj Mahal.
Regarding the photo shoot she told Guardianlive.com,"I didn't want to do the shoot. Honestly, I did at one point say out loud, 'Isn't this a little inappropriate?"
According to Indian laws, she will have to face two years in jail and a fine of $1,600 if found guilty.
In spite of the controversy, Culpo feels that she is thankful for the being crowned the Miss Universe. "I'm sure I'll be grateful for the experience in ways I can't even fathom at this point because I'm still living it."
After relinquishing her crown, Olivia Culpo plans to study and act in films.
Meanwhile, this year's Miss Universe 2013 pageant has 86 contestants participating from all over the world. Based on the preliminary pageant activities Miss Philippines Ariella Arida, Miss Myanmar Moe Set Wine, Miss USA Erin Brady and Miss Britain Amy Willerton are the frontrunners of the Miss Universe 2013 crown.
To see who will be crowned Miss Universe 2013, stay tuned.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles