Grand Theft Auto 6: Rockstar Confirms GTA 6, Possible Future Content
By Vanessa Francisco | November 4, 2013 4:28 PM EST
Rockstar North are already coming up with ideas for GTA 6. Pres. Leslie Benzies announced they have about 45 years of ideas what they want to do like game expansions and DLC. Here's a list of possible future content gamers want for the next installment of GTA.
Gamers want the multiple-protagonist structure. They do not want to see anything new. Before it launches, every installment in the GTA franchise seems to be like a better-looking version of the old game, that with a bigger world. However, having three protagonists that the player can switch anytime not only solved a lot of previous game problems but also allowed the narratives to move forward in an unexpected way. Multiple protagonists worked out so well and gamers would definitely be disappointed to see it removed in GTA 6.
Several discussions and criticisms have been made out of GTA 5's treatment to women. This has been an old problem for the franchise, having no female characters of substance. This is the time to build a game with a leading lady. GTA revolves around a machismo and male power fantasy storyline but GTA 6 might just be the time for the game to step out of its comfort zone. A narrative innovation can be made out of a female protagonist this time and with Rockstar's writing and character building talents, it could be an unparalleled experience without disrupting sales numbers and trend.
GTA has offered a variety of amazingly rendered, period-specific settings for degenerate behavior commitment. The next one can liven up the game and attract those lapsed fans who have gone tired of the modern-day crime by experimenting on a different period. It may be a futuristic sci-fi setting or a 1970s era of Black Dynamite inspired one.
Rockstar can also move the setting to Chicago or Boston, Wash. DC or it might even be more exciting if they step out of the U.S. entirely. A UK or European locale or Asian city could draw a unique story from a cultural perspective than ever.
The gamers loved Volition and the hilarious Saints Row entries and they want to see more in GTA 6 instead of the overly political and social commentary storytelling.
GTA 5 has quite moved away from realism and gamers want to bring back an enhanced concept of reality in the next one. They would also like to see new characters and even take on the role of U.S. President to battle aliens.
Gamers want a reinvented open-world structure where they don't have to go through unnecessary gameplay and just for Rockstar to bring significance back to the game concept.
How about you? What would you like to see in GTA 6?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight