Grigor Dimitrov Shares His Memorable Matches, Fiancee Maria Sharapova
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 4, 2013 2:10 PM EST
Bulgarian Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov, who currently ranks no. 22 in the world, opened up to the Daily Mail UK about his best and worst matches, his personal life with superstar athlete girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, and many more.
At 22nd spot in the world rankings, Dimitrov is in all-time career-high. He achieved it in October 2013, after winning his first-ever Association of Tennis Professionals singles title at the Stockholm Open. He is the most triumphant Bulgarian player ever to play in the sports of tennis.
The Daily Mail UK asked Dimitrov the best and worst tennis matches he has ever played. "The greatest match I have ever played was when I beat Novak Djokovic earlier in 2013 during the second round in Madrid," he said. "The worst one was still against Novak in the third round of the French Open," he added.
Dimitrov's victory against Novak Djokovic at the Mutua Madrid Open was recorded as the biggest win in the career of an Bulgarian athlete. He has faced Djokovic many times in different tournaments.
The athlete told the Daily Mail UK how he has developed great friendship with Dimitry Tursunov, Robert Lindstedth and Michael Llodra, but stated that he has a good relationship with everyone. "I believe that all of us are friendly to each other. Overall, I have an excellent relationship with everyone," he noted.
Dimitrov also shared how Maria Sharapova's 2004 Wimbledon victory was his most memorable moment in watching the sport. "My girlfriend Maria Sharapova winning the 2004 Wimbledon at 17 was the most memorable moment in watching a sports game, and it was absolutely an incredible effort," he said.
Dimitrov and Sharapova were first rumored dating in the latter part of 2012. They have been going strong ever since.
Grigor Dimitrov is set to have a match against Juan Martin del Potro Thursday in the third round of the 2013 Paris Masters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports