Grigor Dimitrov Shares His Memorable Matches, Fiancee Maria Sharapova
By Rachelle Corpuz | November 4, 2013 2:10 PM EST
Bulgarian Tennis Player Grigor Dimitrov, who currently ranks no. 22 in the world, opened up to the Daily Mail UK about his best and worst matches, his personal life with superstar athlete girlfriend, Maria Sharapova, and many more.
At 22nd spot in the world rankings, Dimitrov is in all-time career-high. He achieved it in October 2013, after winning his first-ever Association of Tennis Professionals singles title at the Stockholm Open. He is the most triumphant Bulgarian player ever to play in the sports of tennis.
The Daily Mail UK asked Dimitrov the best and worst tennis matches he has ever played. "The greatest match I have ever played was when I beat Novak Djokovic earlier in 2013 during the second round in Madrid," he said. "The worst one was still against Novak in the third round of the French Open," he added.
Dimitrov's victory against Novak Djokovic at the Mutua Madrid Open was recorded as the biggest win in the career of an Bulgarian athlete. He has faced Djokovic many times in different tournaments.
The athlete told the Daily Mail UK how he has developed great friendship with Dimitry Tursunov, Robert Lindstedth and Michael Llodra, but stated that he has a good relationship with everyone. "I believe that all of us are friendly to each other. Overall, I have an excellent relationship with everyone," he noted.
Dimitrov also shared how Maria Sharapova's 2004 Wimbledon victory was his most memorable moment in watching the sport. "My girlfriend Maria Sharapova winning the 2004 Wimbledon at 17 was the most memorable moment in watching a sports game, and it was absolutely an incredible effort," he said.
Dimitrov and Sharapova were first rumored dating in the latter part of 2012. They have been going strong ever since.
Grigor Dimitrov is set to have a match against Juan Martin del Potro Thursday in the third round of the 2013 Paris Masters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2