Scary Spice Melanie Brown’s Channel Ten ‘Project’ Blocked By Seven
By Anne Lu | November 3, 2013 8:03 PM EST
Melanie Brown’s gig on Channel 10 has been blocked by her previous Australian network. The former Spice Girl, who was embroiled in a court battle against Channel 7 earlier in 2013, had no choice but to pull out of guest-hosting Ten’s “The Project” after Seven enforced a “cease and desist” order on Friday.
The 38-year-old singer, who was famously known as Scary Spice, signed an exclusive agreement with Seven that prevents her from appearing on rival stations until Jan 31, 2014. She was to appear on the channel’s recently concluded “The X Factor,” but told the network she would not be fulfilling her contract because she was having custody issues with the fathers of her children.
Seven has launched a legal procedure against Brown when she signed with Nine to become a judge on the talent competition sow “Australia’s Got Talent,” claiming that she is still under contract with Seven.
In April, the court sided with the network, effectively barred Brown from participating in Nine’s program. Her fellow Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell, took her place in the show instead.
But it seems Brown hasn’t learned her lesson.
On Friday, she was pulled from Ten’s “The Project” at the last minute when Seven blocked her appearance on the rival network’s show.
Ten, meanwhile, was under the impression that she was given a go to appear in the talk show.
“Her management said it was all good to go,” executive producer Craig Campbell said. “Then there was a bit of ‘cease and desist’ from Channel Seven that was enforced yesterday afternoon and we had to pull all our promos.”
For her part, Brown maintained her innocence, telling News Corp, “I don’t really know about all that, I’m just here working.”
The British singer is currently in Australia to promote her new single “For Once in My Life.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family