Scary Spice Melanie Brown’s Channel Ten ‘Project’ Blocked By Seven
By Anne Lu | November 3, 2013 8:03 PM EST
Melanie Brown’s gig on Channel 10 has been blocked by her previous Australian network. The former Spice Girl, who was embroiled in a court battle against Channel 7 earlier in 2013, had no choice but to pull out of guest-hosting Ten’s “The Project” after Seven enforced a “cease and desist” order on Friday.
The 38-year-old singer, who was famously known as Scary Spice, signed an exclusive agreement with Seven that prevents her from appearing on rival stations until Jan 31, 2014. She was to appear on the channel’s recently concluded “The X Factor,” but told the network she would not be fulfilling her contract because she was having custody issues with the fathers of her children.
Seven has launched a legal procedure against Brown when she signed with Nine to become a judge on the talent competition sow “Australia’s Got Talent,” claiming that she is still under contract with Seven.
In April, the court sided with the network, effectively barred Brown from participating in Nine’s program. Her fellow Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell, took her place in the show instead.
But it seems Brown hasn’t learned her lesson.
On Friday, she was pulled from Ten’s “The Project” at the last minute when Seven blocked her appearance on the rival network’s show.
Ten, meanwhile, was under the impression that she was given a go to appear in the talk show.
“Her management said it was all good to go,” executive producer Craig Campbell said. “Then there was a bit of ‘cease and desist’ from Channel Seven that was enforced yesterday afternoon and we had to pull all our promos.”
For her part, Brown maintained her innocence, telling News Corp, “I don’t really know about all that, I’m just here working.”
The British singer is currently in Australia to promote her new single “For Once in My Life.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS