Scary Spice Melanie Brown’s Channel Ten ‘Project’ Blocked By Seven
By Anne Lu | November 3, 2013 8:03 PM EST
Melanie Brown’s gig on Channel 10 has been blocked by her previous Australian network. The former Spice Girl, who was embroiled in a court battle against Channel 7 earlier in 2013, had no choice but to pull out of guest-hosting Ten’s “The Project” after Seven enforced a “cease and desist” order on Friday.
The 38-year-old singer, who was famously known as Scary Spice, signed an exclusive agreement with Seven that prevents her from appearing on rival stations until Jan 31, 2014. She was to appear on the channel’s recently concluded “The X Factor,” but told the network she would not be fulfilling her contract because she was having custody issues with the fathers of her children.
Seven has launched a legal procedure against Brown when she signed with Nine to become a judge on the talent competition sow “Australia’s Got Talent,” claiming that she is still under contract with Seven.
In April, the court sided with the network, effectively barred Brown from participating in Nine’s program. Her fellow Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell, took her place in the show instead.
But it seems Brown hasn’t learned her lesson.
On Friday, she was pulled from Ten’s “The Project” at the last minute when Seven blocked her appearance on the rival network’s show.
Ten, meanwhile, was under the impression that she was given a go to appear in the talk show.
“Her management said it was all good to go,” executive producer Craig Campbell said. “Then there was a bit of ‘cease and desist’ from Channel Seven that was enforced yesterday afternoon and we had to pull all our promos.”
For her part, Brown maintained her innocence, telling News Corp, “I don’t really know about all that, I’m just here working.”
The British singer is currently in Australia to promote her new single “For Once in My Life.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]