Scary Spice Melanie Brown’s Channel Ten ‘Project’ Blocked By Seven
By Anne Lu | November 3, 2013 8:03 PM EST
Melanie Brown’s gig on Channel 10 has been blocked by her previous Australian network. The former Spice Girl, who was embroiled in a court battle against Channel 7 earlier in 2013, had no choice but to pull out of guest-hosting Ten’s “The Project” after Seven enforced a “cease and desist” order on Friday.
The 38-year-old singer, who was famously known as Scary Spice, signed an exclusive agreement with Seven that prevents her from appearing on rival stations until Jan 31, 2014. She was to appear on the channel’s recently concluded “The X Factor,” but told the network she would not be fulfilling her contract because she was having custody issues with the fathers of her children.
Seven has launched a legal procedure against Brown when she signed with Nine to become a judge on the talent competition sow “Australia’s Got Talent,” claiming that she is still under contract with Seven.
In April, the court sided with the network, effectively barred Brown from participating in Nine’s program. Her fellow Spice Girl, Geri Halliwell, took her place in the show instead.
But it seems Brown hasn’t learned her lesson.
On Friday, she was pulled from Ten’s “The Project” at the last minute when Seven blocked her appearance on the rival network’s show.
Ten, meanwhile, was under the impression that she was given a go to appear in the talk show.
“Her management said it was all good to go,” executive producer Craig Campbell said. “Then there was a bit of ‘cease and desist’ from Channel Seven that was enforced yesterday afternoon and we had to pull all our promos.”
For her part, Brown maintained her innocence, telling News Corp, “I don’t really know about all that, I’m just here working.”
The British singer is currently in Australia to promote her new single “For Once in My Life.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?