Both the Philadelphia Eagles and Oakland Raiders have to start winning now if they are serious at a post-season run. They face-off Sunday afternoon when the Raiders aim for their first back-to-back wins in the 2013 NFL regular season while the Eagles hope to avoid a three-game losing streak.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers at Oakland Raiders
The Raiders are coming off a much-needed win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, 21-18 in their last outing led by quarterback Terrelle Pryor who had 88 passing yards (10-of-19 completions) and 106 rushing yards and a touchdown.Oakland improved to 3-4 in the season but is still in the last place AFC West division.
The Eagles, meanwhile, are off back-to-back losses to the Dallas Cowboys (17-3) and New York Giants (15-7) to move down to a 3-5 win-loss card in the NFC East. They are still good for 2nd in the weak division, however, with the Washington Redskins (2-5) and Giants (2-6) having even worse records.
The Raiders are last in the league in passing with just 176.0 passing yards per game, but they have a reliable ground game producing 138.9 rushing yards per outing. They also hold down opponents to just 89.9 rushing yards per game, 6th best in the league.
The Eagles will test that rush defense as Philly is second-best in the NFL with 150.4 rushing yards per game.
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Philadelphia Eagles (+1) vs Oakland Raiders (O/U: 45.5)
Philadelphia Eagles Trends
- Eagles are 6-17-1 ATS in their last 24 games
- Eagles are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
- Eagles are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. teams with losing records
- Eagles are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games in Week 9
- Eagles are 7-18-1 ATS in their last 26 games after a loss
Oakland Raiders Trends
- Raiders are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- Raiders are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs the Eagles
- Raiders are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 9
- Raiders are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
Disclaimer: The inclusion of any link/s shall be purely for informational purposes, gathered from sources made available on the Internet; such act shall not be meant to aid or abet, impliedly or otherwise, the act/s of any web site/s cited.
To contact the editor, e-mail: