Where to Watch NBA Online: Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs Betting Trends and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 1, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers surprised everyone in their season debut in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. They fell back to earth in their second game after getting a serious beat down from the Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers meet the San Antonio Spurs Friday night at the Staples Center, and they need the type of bench contribution they got in their first outing to have a chance at the West defending champions.
The short-handed Hollywood team got 76 points from their reserves in the opening day 116-103 win over the Clippers, but couldn’t stop Klay Thompson (38 points) and the Warriors, which treated them to a 125-94 blowout victory.
Thompson finished with five 3-pointers, and the Lakers needs to perform better in defending the perimeter as they’ll face a Spurs squad which hit 10-of-16 from beyond the arc in their season debut.
The Spurs defeated the visiting Memphis Grizzlies, 101-94 with key contributions from Kawhi Leonard (14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots), Tony Parker (13 points and 9 assists) and Boris Diaw (14 points and 4 rebounds).
Diaw replaced Tim Duncan early in the second half as the latter suffered a chest contusion. Duncan did not return in that game and is listed as a day-to-day vs the Lakers.
While the Lakers' bench has performed in their first two games, they are missing contributions from their starters. L.A.'s first five could only muster 80 points combined against the Clippers and Warriors shooting a combined 17-of-57 field goals or just 29.8% for the past two games.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games
- Spurs are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- Spurs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs West teams
- Spurs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs Pacific division teams
- Spurs 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs teams with winning records at home
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs Spurs in L.A.
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs West teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs Southwest division teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales