Where to Watch NBA Online: Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs Betting Trends and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 1, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers surprised everyone in their season debut in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. They fell back to earth in their second game after getting a serious beat down from the Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers meet the San Antonio Spurs Friday night at the Staples Center, and they need the type of bench contribution they got in their first outing to have a chance at the West defending champions.
The short-handed Hollywood team got 76 points from their reserves in the opening day 116-103 win over the Clippers, but couldn’t stop Klay Thompson (38 points) and the Warriors, which treated them to a 125-94 blowout victory.
Thompson finished with five 3-pointers, and the Lakers needs to perform better in defending the perimeter as they’ll face a Spurs squad which hit 10-of-16 from beyond the arc in their season debut.
The Spurs defeated the visiting Memphis Grizzlies, 101-94 with key contributions from Kawhi Leonard (14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots), Tony Parker (13 points and 9 assists) and Boris Diaw (14 points and 4 rebounds).
Diaw replaced Tim Duncan early in the second half as the latter suffered a chest contusion. Duncan did not return in that game and is listed as a day-to-day vs the Lakers.
While the Lakers' bench has performed in their first two games, they are missing contributions from their starters. L.A.'s first five could only muster 80 points combined against the Clippers and Warriors shooting a combined 17-of-57 field goals or just 29.8% for the past two games.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games
- Spurs are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- Spurs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs West teams
- Spurs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs Pacific division teams
- Spurs 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs teams with winning records at home
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs Spurs in L.A.
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs West teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs Southwest division teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal