Where to Watch NBA Online: Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs Betting Trends and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 1, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers surprised everyone in their season debut in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. They fell back to earth in their second game after getting a serious beat down from the Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers meet the San Antonio Spurs Friday night at the Staples Center, and they need the type of bench contribution they got in their first outing to have a chance at the West defending champions.
The short-handed Hollywood team got 76 points from their reserves in the opening day 116-103 win over the Clippers, but couldn’t stop Klay Thompson (38 points) and the Warriors, which treated them to a 125-94 blowout victory.
Thompson finished with five 3-pointers, and the Lakers needs to perform better in defending the perimeter as they’ll face a Spurs squad which hit 10-of-16 from beyond the arc in their season debut.
The Spurs defeated the visiting Memphis Grizzlies, 101-94 with key contributions from Kawhi Leonard (14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots), Tony Parker (13 points and 9 assists) and Boris Diaw (14 points and 4 rebounds).
Diaw replaced Tim Duncan early in the second half as the latter suffered a chest contusion. Duncan did not return in that game and is listed as a day-to-day vs the Lakers.
While the Lakers' bench has performed in their first two games, they are missing contributions from their starters. L.A.'s first five could only muster 80 points combined against the Clippers and Warriors shooting a combined 17-of-57 field goals or just 29.8% for the past two games.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games
- Spurs are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- Spurs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs West teams
- Spurs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs Pacific division teams
- Spurs 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs teams with winning records at home
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs Spurs in L.A.
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs West teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs Southwest division teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0