Where to Watch NBA Online: Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs Betting Trends and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | November 1, 2013 7:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers surprised everyone in their season debut in the 2013-2014 NBA regular season. They fell back to earth in their second game after getting a serious beat down from the Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers meet the San Antonio Spurs Friday night at the Staples Center, and they need the type of bench contribution they got in their first outing to have a chance at the West defending champions.
The short-handed Hollywood team got 76 points from their reserves in the opening day 116-103 win over the Clippers, but couldn’t stop Klay Thompson (38 points) and the Warriors, which treated them to a 125-94 blowout victory.
Thompson finished with five 3-pointers, and the Lakers needs to perform better in defending the perimeter as they’ll face a Spurs squad which hit 10-of-16 from beyond the arc in their season debut.
The Spurs defeated the visiting Memphis Grizzlies, 101-94 with key contributions from Kawhi Leonard (14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocked shots), Tony Parker (13 points and 9 assists) and Boris Diaw (14 points and 4 rebounds).
Diaw replaced Tim Duncan early in the second half as the latter suffered a chest contusion. Duncan did not return in that game and is listed as a day-to-day vs the Lakers.
While the Lakers' bench has performed in their first two games, they are missing contributions from their starters. L.A.'s first five could only muster 80 points combined against the Clippers and Warriors shooting a combined 17-of-57 field goals or just 29.8% for the past two games.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- Spurs are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games
- Spurs are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games on the road
- Spurs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs West teams
- Spurs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games vs Pacific division teams
- Spurs 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs teams with winning records at home
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs Spurs in L.A.
- Lakers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs West teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs Southwest division teams
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after a loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar