Watch Katy Perry’s Touching Message to Teen Fan with “Roar” Video that Goes Viral [ VIDEOS]
By Floyd Allen | November 1, 2013 12:44 AM EST
After watching a video of a teen fan whose “Roar” video has gone viral online, Katy Perry sent a touching message to Olivia Wise, who is also battling brain cancer.
The “Fireworks” singer congratulated the 16-year old fan with her cover of her hit song. The singer also said that she was touched by the teen’s performance after watching the video, which has been viewed more than 160,000 on YouTube.
"I just wanted to reach back out to you and tell you that I saw your video and I was very moved, and you sounded great for being in the studio and making it your wish to record that song, I thought that was really cool," Perry said in her touching message to Wise.
Perry told Wise that she’s not the only one who loved her take of the hit song, which now even sets record in Australian singles chart for female artists.
Perry added, “I love you and a lot of people love you, and that's why your video got to me and moved everybody that saw it.”
Olivia has always loved to sing, said Mail Online, citing a separate report by Toronto Star. The teen who has been fighting brain cancer for two years now, loves to sing. Her cousin, Jeff Kassel then arranged with his friend, who is a music producer so that Olivia can record her own song. The teen chose Perry’s hit song.
Kassel explained that he arranged for the teen to record a song to give Olivia the experience inside the studio, knowing how she loves to sing.
“It was really just for an experience for her to have, and her family,' Kassel was quoted as telling Toronto Star by Mail Online.
Perry did not miss it and after watching Olivia’s recorded rendition of the song, the singer knew she has to reach out to the teen.
Perry said, “So I just wanted to send you some love and some light and tell you that I'm thinking about you. Thank you so much. Keep roaring.'
Scroll down and watch the videos featuring Olivia Wise singing, “Roar” and Katy Perry’s touching message.
More Entertainment News:
Michael Jackson’s Doctor, Conrad Murray Reunites with Son Following Release from Jail [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
'NCIS' Star, Michael Weatherly Welcomes Second Child, Son Liam (PHOTO/VIDEO) Full article here.
“X Factor USA” 2013: Show Introduces Shazam Apps Super Vote; How Fans Can Vote for Favorite Acts on Nov. 6 [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
Credit: YouTube/for Olivia
Credit: YouTube/Lexi Alter
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate