NBA News: James Harden Believes Houston Rockets Ready For Big Expectations
By Lou Ramon Aguila | October 31, 2013 8:54 PM EST
Houston Rockets swingman James Harden believes his team is ready for a big lift off this season after acquiring Dwight Howard last summer.
Harden, who became an All-Star last season after he was traded to Houston by the Oklahoma City Thunder, believed each player on the Rockets roster has improved during training camp and ready to take on immense pressure this seaoson.
"Good. We're ready for it," Harden said in an interview with Jonathan Feigen of Houston Chronicles. "Each individual guy got better this summer and is ready to take on that pressure."
Third-year small forward Chandler Parson thinks keeping their focus will be a key for them as they look to contend for the title this season.
"We don't pay attention to all that going on," Chandler Parsons told the Houston Chronicles. "We know how good our team can be, and we know our guys are going to work. We understand that nothing is going to be given to us.
"When we lose some games - and we will lose some games - the media is going to talk about how we are not that good and not championship contenders. You don't even see people picking us now to win it all. We are just going to go out there and play. We know what we have to do."
"There is so much more hype around it. We have never had James Harden and Dwight Howard on our team, so there is more attention. But I can tell you those guys have worked just as hard as anyone I played with in my first two years, so there is no real difference except the preseason hype, which is pretty much irrelevant anyway," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change