Conrad Murray Describes the New Michael Jackson Death Trial Verdict as 'Justice' [PHOTO/VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | October 31, 2013 5:55 PM EST
After hearing the new Michael Jackson death trial verdict, Dr. Conrad Murray revealed he cried and pointed out that the jury’s verdict as “justice.”
He described himself as “relieved” in wrongful death civil trial, which allowed him have some taste for freedom.
Despite assertion by the jury’s foreman that the verdict “is not a vindication for Dr. Murray,” the 60-year old cardiologist sees it otherwise, noting he could not help but shed tears when he heard the news.
"I cried because, for once, the world was allowed to hear some of the facts at they pertain to this matter -- a lot of facts that have been suppressed, much of which I was denied and my attorneys could not present during my criminal trial," Dr. Conrad Murray was quoted as telling NBC's "Today" by CNN International.
It will be recalled that the jury found early this month, Oct. 2 that Michael Jackson’s concert promoter, AEG Live was not accountable to the singer’s death in 2009. CNN noted that the jury found that AEG Live may have hired Murray, but pointed out the cardiologist was competent when he took on the job.
"The jury's decision completely vindicates AEG Live, confirming what we have known from the start -- that although Michael Jackson's death was a terrible tragedy, it was not a tragedy of AEG Live's making," the concert promoter’s legal counsel, Marvin Putnam said, according to CNN.
Murray asserted during the trial that he was hired as personal doctor for MJ for the pop icon’s comeback tour at the time of his death in 2009. The cardiologist, who lost his medical license in California and Texas when implicated in Jackson’s death, said that his job was mainly to “give Jackson nightly infusions of propofol. The procedure he added was to treat the pop icon for his “intractable insomnia.” Murray gave Jackson his professional service for two months in the hopes to help the singer get some rest during rehearsal.
The doctor served two years in Los Angeles County for involuntary manslaughter. He was released midnight on Monday, Oct. 28. The doctor was seen spending his time with his youngest son, Che Giovanni and his 31-year old girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez.
The doctor’s lawyer, Valerie Wass stated that Murray’s camp is planning on appeal for the criminal case and in the revocation of his medical license.
More Entertainment News:
Michael Jackson’s Doctor, Conrad Murray Reunites with Son Following Release from Jail [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
Michael Fassbender Confesses Feeling Like an “Average” and Not Good-Looking [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
Nicole Kidman Declares Keith Urban her “Great Love” [PHOTO/VIDEO] Full article here.
Credit: YouTube/ ABCNews
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos and Fellatio Video Hacker Could Face 10 Years In Prison
- Scam: Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos Solidarity Campaign Deceives Women Into Snapping Naked Selfies
- Incest Charges For Georgia Siblings Who Had Sex Thrice After Watching The Notebook
- 3 Years Jail In Australian Prison For Former Playboy Model Brandi Brandt Over Cocaine Smugglng
- X-Men Director Bryan Singer Faces Sexual Assault Charges From 21-Year-Old Virginia Man
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers