Considered one of the top contenders in the West, the Los Angeles Clippers did not play like it in their season debut allowing the Los Angeles Lakers to get the upset win Tuesday night. The Golden State Warriors did not have any kind of trouble against the same Lakers squad on Wednesday with a blowout victory at home.
On Thursday, the Warriors will take on the Clippers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
The Clippers are still nursing from the 116-to-103 loss to their rivals, after allowing 76 points from the Lakers’ bench. Chris Paul, who shot 5 of 13 from the field, and the Clippers were outscored 41-24 by the Lakers in the fourth quarter.
Blake Griffin finished with 19 points and 7 rebounds and DeAndre Jordan ended up with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Klay Thompson's 38 points led the Warriors huge 125-to-94 win over the Lakers. The third-year pro shot 15-of-19 from the field including 5 three-pointers.
David Lee (24 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists) and Steph Curry (10 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists) also contributed for Golden State in limited minutes.
New Warrior Andre Iguodala had 7 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assist, 2 steals and a blocked shot in his debut with his new team.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Golden State Warriors Trends
- Warriors are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games
- Warriors are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games on the road
- Warriors are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games vs. West teams
- Warriors are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. the Clippers
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- Clippers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- Clippers are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games
- Clippers are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- Clippers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Warriors in L.A.
To contact the editor, e-mail: