HTC One: Sense 5.5 Update in the US Confirmed for HTC Smartphone with Free 25GB Google Drive Storage
By Jenalyn Villamarin | October 30, 2013 3:37 PM EST
HTC President Jason Mackenzie has confirmed the arrival of the Sense 5.5 update to the awaiting HTC One owners in the United States. Mr Mackenzie made the announcement through the social networking site Twitter about HTC currently in the process of building plans and schedules for the availability of the HTC One Sense 5.5 update.
"@Gsbassist @theotrman @sprint @htc no. Building plans and working on scheduling. Likely provide dates in next month," Jason Mackenzie wrote on his Twitter account @JasonMacHTC. The update's roll out schedules will be revealed soon with carriers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon expected to offer it to their customers.
Circulating online rumours suggest that the HTC Sense 5.5 update will be heading as well to the other HTC devices, aside from the HTC One and the initially announced HTC One Max, such as the HTC Butterfly, HTC Butterfly S and the Droid DNA which is Verizon's edition of the HTC Butterfly.
For the HTC One smartphone, the Sense 5.5 update is expected to be a quite significant upgrade as it provides the changes to the HTC BlinkFeed that consist of the incorporation with Google+ and Instagram as well as RSS feeds. Moreover, the latest update will be bringing the new offline reading mode and a multi-edition mode that allows the owners to read the news in other languages as well as a couple of improvements on the HTC Zoe feature including the capability to automatically arrange a short slideshow with background music.
The HTC One owners with the Sense 5.5 update will be able to receive the free 25GB Google Drive storage space in addition to the basic 15GB storage allowance already available. "To get this extra space is pretty straight forward once the handset has HTC Sense 5.5 on board, as soon as starting up the Google Drive app all that is needed is a press of the redeem button. This extra storage will be available for two years and must be claimed by January 1st, 2016," the Phones Review report reads.
However, the official Google support page claims that the HTC One Developer Edition will not be entitled to have the free Google Drive storage due to the device's "unlocked bootloader."
More Articles to Read:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around