Prince Charles ‘Feels Trapped’ Says Close Pal Selina Scott
By Sigrid Salucop | October 30, 2013 2:02 PM EST
A friend of Prince Charles reveals that the next in line to the British throne "feels trapped."
Selina Scott said Prince Charles told her she is lucky because she has control over what she does.
While the two were guests in a farmhouse in Berneray, Prince Charles confided to the then TV presenter Selina Scott that he feels "totally trapped."
"You don't have your life mapped out for you for as far as you can see, for every minute, for every hour, for every day, for every year. Let me tell you there are many times when I feel totally trapped," Prince Charles confided to Ms. Scott.
Prince Charles and Selina Scott's friendship started in 1991 while Scott was dubbed as one of the darlings of daytime TV. Ms Scott, according to Express, has conducted interviews with the prince and was even a guest in his 50th birthday party held at Highgrove.
During the first time they met, the now 62-year-old Selina Scott was only 25 and served as a tourist officer in Bute. Prince Charles was in the Royal Navy at the time.
Ms Scott said that the prince "had serious misgivings" about the throne that he felt "like a haunted man." While in Berneray, Ms Scott said Prince Charles "was free and loving" but "felt he was in a straitjacket of a life he was expected to lead."
When the Prince of Wales confided this to Selina Scott, the Royals were having a hard time improving their image after scandals hit the tabloids.
Sources say Ms Scott's friendship with Prince Charles is intriguing, especially because her appearance was always compared to that of Princess Diana.
According to Express, Princess Diana remarked on their similarities when the two were introduced. Selina reportedly replied jokingly, "I got here first." Diana, Princess of Wales, laughed at the comment, sources say.
Selina Scott never married, but there was never a shortage of men who admired here. One of her admirers, according to reports, includes Prince Andrew.
Princess Diana and Selina Scott became friends, but she was able to maintain her friendship with Princess Diana's husband Prince Charles, too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports