Prince Charles ‘Feels Trapped’ Says Close Pal Selina Scott
By Sigrid Salucop | October 30, 2013 2:02 PM EST
A friend of Prince Charles reveals that the next in line to the British throne "feels trapped."
Selina Scott said Prince Charles told her she is lucky because she has control over what she does.
While the two were guests in a farmhouse in Berneray, Prince Charles confided to the then TV presenter Selina Scott that he feels "totally trapped."
"You don't have your life mapped out for you for as far as you can see, for every minute, for every hour, for every day, for every year. Let me tell you there are many times when I feel totally trapped," Prince Charles confided to Ms. Scott.
Prince Charles and Selina Scott's friendship started in 1991 while Scott was dubbed as one of the darlings of daytime TV. Ms Scott, according to Express, has conducted interviews with the prince and was even a guest in his 50th birthday party held at Highgrove.
During the first time they met, the now 62-year-old Selina Scott was only 25 and served as a tourist officer in Bute. Prince Charles was in the Royal Navy at the time.
Ms Scott said that the prince "had serious misgivings" about the throne that he felt "like a haunted man." While in Berneray, Ms Scott said Prince Charles "was free and loving" but "felt he was in a straitjacket of a life he was expected to lead."
When the Prince of Wales confided this to Selina Scott, the Royals were having a hard time improving their image after scandals hit the tabloids.
Sources say Ms Scott's friendship with Prince Charles is intriguing, especially because her appearance was always compared to that of Princess Diana.
According to Express, Princess Diana remarked on their similarities when the two were introduced. Selina reportedly replied jokingly, "I got here first." Diana, Princess of Wales, laughed at the comment, sources say.
Selina Scott never married, but there was never a shortage of men who admired here. One of her admirers, according to reports, includes Prince Andrew.
Princess Diana and Selina Scott became friends, but she was able to maintain her friendship with Princess Diana's husband Prince Charles, too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0