Miss Universe annual pageant is known to showcase women not just for their catwalk skills, beauty and poise, but also for their intelligence during the pageant's question and answer portion. Beauty and brains is what this 62-year-old pageant is known for, but these girls' interviews argue otherwise.
Here are the Top 5 most outrageous Questions and Answers in Miss Universe history. Brace yourself for the most shocking responses of these Miss Universe gave:
1. Miss Universe 2012 - Miss Venezuela Irene Sofia Esser Quintero
Question: If you could make a new law, what would it be?
Answer: "I think when you down the women can make you up, and I think the women can be said that I have advice for you if you way up, you have to be nice with people, including women, so when you down, women can be nice with you."
2. Miss Universe 2009 - Miss Kosovo Marigona Dragusha
Question: "Pop superstar Justin Timberlake once said that the worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy. What is it about fame that makes many people, including you, want to be famous?"
Answer: "All the experiences that I have so far in whole, uhm, my, uhm, experiences have given me fame and I feel like famous. There are though other ways to feel famous and to be famous and those are intelligence and also beauty. Thank you."
3. Miss Universe 1996 - Miss Venezuela Alicia Machado
Question: "What can men learn from women?"
Answer: "I believe they can learn a lot, because thanks to us women, the men are here in this beautiful theatre, seeing this beautiful contest and applauding me because I am a beautiful woman!"
4. Miss Universe 2003 - Miss Serbia and Montenegro Sanja Papic
Question: "If you could be either water or fire, which would you be and why?"
Answer: "Well, I'm a human being and I don't know how is it to be a fire or a water, and from that reason I really don't have answer on this question because I'm a human being, I'm a girl, which has an emotion, and fire and water doesn't have."
5. Miss Universe 2005 - Miss Puerto Rico Cynthia Olavarria
Question: "What one failure in your life did you most learn from?"
Answer: "I think all the experiences we have in life we just do it, we just over pass all that and I remember that I tried to compete in a pageant in Miss Puerto Universe once and I didn't make it and now, oh my God! I have the opportunity again and I just tried and I just said like, this is for me, I think this is the moment and I did it. I never surrendered and I think that is very important, don't surrender what you have and just go ahead and take hold of what you want."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]