Avicii's ‘True’ Tour 2014 Next Stop: Australia [VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | October 30, 2013 10:39 AM EST
Electro DJ Avicii's next stop is Australia, in time for his "True" Tour in 2014.
"I'm so excited to be back in Australia for my first solo headline tour. The Australian crowd is amazing and I can't wait for the shows," said the Swedish star.
The 24-year-old DJ will start his Aussie show at the The Riverstage in Brisbane on Friday, Jan. 24. Then, he will go to the Centennial Park in Sydney on Saturday, Jan. 25. After that, he's off to the Showgrounds in Melbourne on Sunday, Jan. 26. Last but not the least, he will be at the Perth Arena on Jan. 27, his last stop in Australia.
The popular DJ is expected to play four, 3-hour live sets in the "True" Tour 2014. It might include high tech special effects such as light-emitting diode (LED) lights, 3D mapping and projections on a wide screen for the audience to enjoy.
Tickets will go on sale at 12pm next Friday, Nov, 8 through Moshtix, Ticketmaster and Ticketek. But, there will be a pre-sale of tickets from 12 pm on Oct.30 up to 12 pm Oct. 31. To access Avicii's "True" Tour 2014 pre-sale information, you must be logged in as a Member of The Frontier Touring Company (Click here). Subscribe at futuremusicgroup.com.au/truetour if you want to register for the pre-sale. Make sure to use the password, TRUEBLUE during the pre-sale.
- General Admission (All States) ~ $89.90
- VIP tickets 18+ only (NSW & VIC) ~ $145.00 (with express entry to event, designated VIP area and VIP bar and toilet facilities)
- Combo Pack 18+ (NSW, VIC & QLD) $215 (AVICII "True" Tour + Future Music Festival 2014 tickets)
Ticketek patrons can only get tickets for the Jan. 27 show at the Perth Arena while Moshtix is only selling tickets for the Melbourne & Sydney shows.
Avicii, whose real name is Tim Bergling, is also called Tim Berg or Tom Hangs by people close to him. He was born on Sept. 8, 1989 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Aside from being a top-ranking DJ, he is also a record producer and a remixer. He specializes in dance-genre.
Avicii's current album, "True," has been well received since its release on Sept. 13, 2013. In fact, the song "Wake Me Up," which is the first song to be released, went 6x platinum, sold over 6 million copies all over the world and was No. 1 in 70 countries. Surely, Avicii's 'True' Tour 2014 will be a hit at his next stop in Australia. "True" also contains the songs "Hey Brother" and "You Make Me," featuring Swedish soul/pop singer Salem Al Fakir's vocal prowess.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage