Avicii's ‘True’ Tour 2014 Next Stop: Australia [VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | October 30, 2013 10:39 AM EST
Electro DJ Avicii's next stop is Australia, in time for his "True" Tour in 2014.
"I'm so excited to be back in Australia for my first solo headline tour. The Australian crowd is amazing and I can't wait for the shows," said the Swedish star.
The 24-year-old DJ will start his Aussie show at the The Riverstage in Brisbane on Friday, Jan. 24. Then, he will go to the Centennial Park in Sydney on Saturday, Jan. 25. After that, he's off to the Showgrounds in Melbourne on Sunday, Jan. 26. Last but not the least, he will be at the Perth Arena on Jan. 27, his last stop in Australia.
The popular DJ is expected to play four, 3-hour live sets in the "True" Tour 2014. It might include high tech special effects such as light-emitting diode (LED) lights, 3D mapping and projections on a wide screen for the audience to enjoy.
Tickets will go on sale at 12pm next Friday, Nov, 8 through Moshtix, Ticketmaster and Ticketek. But, there will be a pre-sale of tickets from 12 pm on Oct.30 up to 12 pm Oct. 31. To access Avicii's "True" Tour 2014 pre-sale information, you must be logged in as a Member of The Frontier Touring Company (Click here). Subscribe at futuremusicgroup.com.au/truetour if you want to register for the pre-sale. Make sure to use the password, TRUEBLUE during the pre-sale.
- General Admission (All States) ~ $89.90
- VIP tickets 18+ only (NSW & VIC) ~ $145.00 (with express entry to event, designated VIP area and VIP bar and toilet facilities)
- Combo Pack 18+ (NSW, VIC & QLD) $215 (AVICII "True" Tour + Future Music Festival 2014 tickets)
Ticketek patrons can only get tickets for the Jan. 27 show at the Perth Arena while Moshtix is only selling tickets for the Melbourne & Sydney shows.
Avicii, whose real name is Tim Bergling, is also called Tim Berg or Tom Hangs by people close to him. He was born on Sept. 8, 1989 in Stockholm, Sweden.
Aside from being a top-ranking DJ, he is also a record producer and a remixer. He specializes in dance-genre.
Avicii's current album, "True," has been well received since its release on Sept. 13, 2013. In fact, the song "Wake Me Up," which is the first song to be released, went 6x platinum, sold over 6 million copies all over the world and was No. 1 in 70 countries. Surely, Avicii's 'True' Tour 2014 will be a hit at his next stop in Australia. "True" also contains the songs "Hey Brother" and "You Make Me," featuring Swedish soul/pop singer Salem Al Fakir's vocal prowess.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase