iPad Mini with Retina Display vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0: Which Tablet To Buy On Christmas?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 29, 2013 6:32 PM EST
iPad Mini included a retina display, which is the most requested feature for the device, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook. Other great features packed in the latest tablet from Apple are the new A7 processor like in the iPhone 5S and the availability of the device in various storage options. The iPad Mini with retina display is now available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage variants.
Apple released the new iPad Mini with retina display last week and it will battle head on with Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 was announced last May and it is claimed to be the miniature version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It comes with 8 inches screen display and quad core processor.
iPad Mini price starts at $399 and will be available in late November. However, latest reports claimed that the new iPad Mini may face challenges on the supply by the end of the quarter. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is now available for purchase, which is offered at the same price.
Below is the comparison between iPad Mini with retina display and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
Screen Display - The latest generation of iPad Mini packs a retina display on its 7.9 inch screen and boasts 2048x1536 pixel resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, on the other hand, packs an 8 inch screen with 1280x800 pixel resolution.
Processor - iPad Mini with retina display comes with Apple's 64-bit A7 chip processor. Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is powered by quad core Exynos 4 processor.
Internal Storage - The latest iPad Mini comes with larger internal storage of up to 128GB. Samsung's miniature tablet comes with 16GB internal storage but equipped with expandable storage of up to 64GB via microSD slot.
Operating System - iPad Mini with retina display runs with Apple's iOS 7 that promises new and improved iOS features. Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 features the 4.2.2 version of Android Jelly Bean OS.
Camera - Both tablets comes with 5 megapixels rear camera. However, iPad Mini comes with 1.2 Facetime camera and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 comes with 1.3 front facing camera.
Battery Life - iPad Mini with retina display sports a better battery life. Apple claimed that the new battery will lasts up to 10 hours with extensive use and browsing. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 packs 4,660 mAh battery capacity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015