iPad Mini with Retina Display vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0: Which Tablet To Buy On Christmas?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 29, 2013 6:32 PM EST
iPad Mini included a retina display, which is the most requested feature for the device, according to Apple CEO Tim Cook. Other great features packed in the latest tablet from Apple are the new A7 processor like in the iPhone 5S and the availability of the device in various storage options. The iPad Mini with retina display is now available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage variants.
Apple released the new iPad Mini with retina display last week and it will battle head on with Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 was announced last May and it is claimed to be the miniature version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It comes with 8 inches screen display and quad core processor.
iPad Mini price starts at $399 and will be available in late November. However, latest reports claimed that the new iPad Mini may face challenges on the supply by the end of the quarter. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is now available for purchase, which is offered at the same price.
Below is the comparison between iPad Mini with retina display and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
Screen Display - The latest generation of iPad Mini packs a retina display on its 7.9 inch screen and boasts 2048x1536 pixel resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, on the other hand, packs an 8 inch screen with 1280x800 pixel resolution.
Processor - iPad Mini with retina display comes with Apple's 64-bit A7 chip processor. Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is powered by quad core Exynos 4 processor.
Internal Storage - The latest iPad Mini comes with larger internal storage of up to 128GB. Samsung's miniature tablet comes with 16GB internal storage but equipped with expandable storage of up to 64GB via microSD slot.
Operating System - iPad Mini with retina display runs with Apple's iOS 7 that promises new and improved iOS features. Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 features the 4.2.2 version of Android Jelly Bean OS.
Camera - Both tablets comes with 5 megapixels rear camera. However, iPad Mini comes with 1.2 Facetime camera and Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 comes with 1.3 front facing camera.
Battery Life - iPad Mini with retina display sports a better battery life. Apple claimed that the new battery will lasts up to 10 hours with extensive use and browsing. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 packs 4,660 mAh battery capacity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]