Top 10 Miss Universe Winning Answers Of All Time
By Riza Ornos | October 29, 2013 5:46 PM EST
Miss Universe 2013 is like the cold winter breeze in Russia. Everybody is feeling the chills, especially the 86 contestants from around the world as they wait for the final verdict on Nov. 9.
Set in Crocus City Hall in Moscow, the Miss Universe coronation night is going to end Olivia Culpo's era as the reigning queen and hail the new Miss Universe for 2013.
Before crowning the most beautiful woman in the universe, one has to prove herself worthy of the Nexus crown and pass the dreaded Q&A portion.
In the 62 years of Miss Universe pageant, there are many moments that a contestant can wow the judges not just by her perfect posture and impressive catwalk, but how she carried herself during the interview.
So here are the Top 10 Miss Universe winning answers that will forever be remembered as these contestants won the prestigious crown in the universe.
Miss Universe 1969: Gloria Diaz of Philippines
Question: In the next day or so, a man will land on the moon. If a man from the moon landed in your hometown, what would you do to entertain him?
Answer: (Giggle) Oh, just the same things I do. I think if he has been on the moon for so long, I think when he comes over he wants to change, I guess." (giggle again)
Miss Universe 1973: Margarita "Margie" Moran of Philippines
Question: If you had one million dollars what would you do with it?
Answer: (Smile) I would buy a big house where I can live...(pause) with other people of course.
Miss Universe 1992: Susmita Sen of India
Question: What is the essence of being a woman?
Answer: Just being a woman is God's gift that all of us must appreciate. The origin of a child is a mother, and is a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman.
Miss Universe 1997: Brook Lee of USA
Question: If there would be no rules on your life in one day, and you could do something outrageous what would it be and why?
Answer: I would eat everything. You don't understand. I will eat everything twice.
Miss Universe 1999: Mpule Kwelagobe of Botswana
Question: If Miss Universe would become pregnant during her reign, could she be allowed to continue as Miss Universe?
Answer: Personally I think Miss Universe is a symbol of a woman in prone to celibacy her femininity. And I believe that... (Applause) Thank you... And I believe that if she got pregnant, you are not supposed to end the title. But, as a woman she should celibate her femininity. Thank you"
Miss Universe 2000: Lara Dutta of India
Question: Right now there is a protest going on right outside here calling the Miss Universe Pageant disrespectful of women. Convince them they are wrong.
Answer: I think pageants like the Miss Universe pageant gives us young women a platform to foray in the fields that we want to and forge ahead, be it entrepreneurship, be it the armed force, be it politics. It gives us a platform to voice our choices and opinions, and makes us strong, independent that we are today.
Miss Universe 2002: Oxana Fedorova of Russia
Question: What makes you blush?
Answer: When I say the wrong things.
Miss Universe 2008: Dayana Mendoza of Venezuela
Question: Which have it easier in life: men or women?
Answer: God made us to share and have differences, but big differences? I don't think so. The difference is that men think, they think that the faster way to go to a point is to go straight, and women know that the faster way to go to a point is go the curves and fix every curls.
Miss Universe 2010: Ximena Navarette of Mexico
Question: In your opinion, what effect is unsupervised Internet use having on today's youth (Translated in English)
Answer: Good Evening, Las Vegas. Well, I do believe that Internet is an indispensable, necessary tool for the present time. And we must be very careful and watch over what our children watch and see, our teenagers watch and see and we must be sure to teach them the values that we learn as a family. So that they may use Internet properly. Thank you.
Miss Universe 2011: Leila Lopes of Angola
Question: What physical appearance that you want to change to be beautiful? And what is the most important principle that you hold?
Answer: I am really grateful to God because He had created me, I am satisfied with the body and the way God had given to me. I wouldn't change any single thing of my body. I considered myself as a woman blessed with inner beauty. I got many great life principles from my family, and I will hold that principle for my whole life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June