Top 10 Miss Universe Winning Answers Of All Time
By Riza Ornos | October 29, 2013 5:46 PM EST
Miss Universe 2013 is like the cold winter breeze in Russia. Everybody is feeling the chills, especially the 86 contestants from around the world as they wait for the final verdict on Nov. 9.
Set in Crocus City Hall in Moscow, the Miss Universe coronation night is going to end Olivia Culpo's era as the reigning queen and hail the new Miss Universe for 2013.
Before crowning the most beautiful woman in the universe, one has to prove herself worthy of the Nexus crown and pass the dreaded Q&A portion.
In the 62 years of Miss Universe pageant, there are many moments that a contestant can wow the judges not just by her perfect posture and impressive catwalk, but how she carried herself during the interview.
So here are the Top 10 Miss Universe winning answers that will forever be remembered as these contestants won the prestigious crown in the universe.
Miss Universe 1969: Gloria Diaz of Philippines
Question: In the next day or so, a man will land on the moon. If a man from the moon landed in your hometown, what would you do to entertain him?
Answer: (Giggle) Oh, just the same things I do. I think if he has been on the moon for so long, I think when he comes over he wants to change, I guess." (giggle again)
Miss Universe 1973: Margarita "Margie" Moran of Philippines
Question: If you had one million dollars what would you do with it?
Answer: (Smile) I would buy a big house where I can live...(pause) with other people of course.
Miss Universe 1992: Susmita Sen of India
Question: What is the essence of being a woman?
Answer: Just being a woman is God's gift that all of us must appreciate. The origin of a child is a mother, and is a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman.
Miss Universe 1997: Brook Lee of USA
Question: If there would be no rules on your life in one day, and you could do something outrageous what would it be and why?
Answer: I would eat everything. You don't understand. I will eat everything twice.
Miss Universe 1999: Mpule Kwelagobe of Botswana
Question: If Miss Universe would become pregnant during her reign, could she be allowed to continue as Miss Universe?
Answer: Personally I think Miss Universe is a symbol of a woman in prone to celibacy her femininity. And I believe that... (Applause) Thank you... And I believe that if she got pregnant, you are not supposed to end the title. But, as a woman she should celibate her femininity. Thank you"
Miss Universe 2000: Lara Dutta of India
Question: Right now there is a protest going on right outside here calling the Miss Universe Pageant disrespectful of women. Convince them they are wrong.
Answer: I think pageants like the Miss Universe pageant gives us young women a platform to foray in the fields that we want to and forge ahead, be it entrepreneurship, be it the armed force, be it politics. It gives us a platform to voice our choices and opinions, and makes us strong, independent that we are today.
Miss Universe 2002: Oxana Fedorova of Russia
Question: What makes you blush?
Answer: When I say the wrong things.
Miss Universe 2008: Dayana Mendoza of Venezuela
Question: Which have it easier in life: men or women?
Answer: God made us to share and have differences, but big differences? I don't think so. The difference is that men think, they think that the faster way to go to a point is to go straight, and women know that the faster way to go to a point is go the curves and fix every curls.
Miss Universe 2010: Ximena Navarette of Mexico
Question: In your opinion, what effect is unsupervised Internet use having on today's youth (Translated in English)
Answer: Good Evening, Las Vegas. Well, I do believe that Internet is an indispensable, necessary tool for the present time. And we must be very careful and watch over what our children watch and see, our teenagers watch and see and we must be sure to teach them the values that we learn as a family. So that they may use Internet properly. Thank you.
Miss Universe 2011: Leila Lopes of Angola
Question: What physical appearance that you want to change to be beautiful? And what is the most important principle that you hold?
Answer: I am really grateful to God because He had created me, I am satisfied with the body and the way God had given to me. I wouldn't change any single thing of my body. I considered myself as a woman blessed with inner beauty. I got many great life principles from my family, and I will hold that principle for my whole life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide