The Indiana Pacers look to continue to build on their success from the 2012-13 season. A first day date with the rebuilding Orlando Magic might just be what the doctor ordered to positively kick-off their campaign in the new season.
The Magic visit the Pacers on Tuesday night, and the game is just one of the three games on schedule for the Opening Day of the 2013-2014 NBA regular season.
“It’s every bit as important as Game 82. There’s going to be a point late in the season where if you win a game, you’re going to get this seed and if you lose, you’re going to slip a seed. Well, tomorrow night’s game is every bit as important as that game,” said Pacers head coach Frank Vogel about the match-up with the Magic in the team’s official website.
The Pacers have added depth to their roster this season acquiring the likes of power forward Luis Scola, back-up point guard C.J. Watson and small forward Chris Copeland, all of whom are pegged to be part of the Pacers’ 8-9 man rotation.
The Magic’s offseason moves have been conservative to say the least, although they might have hit the jackpot in the 2013 NBA Draft when they picked guard Victor Oladipo as the 2nd overall pick.
“I’m really excited and getting this first year under my belt is going to be huge for me,’’ Oladipo told orlandomagic.com. “I’m looking forward to having fun and learning throughout the season.’’
Indiana will, of course, still be relying on their core of shooting guard Paul George (17.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 4.1 assists), power forward David West (17.1 PPG and 7.7 RPG) and center Roy Hibbert (11.9 PPG and 8.3 RPG).
Meanwhile, Orlando will look to continue developing their young group that includes center Nikola Vucevic (13.1 PPG and 11.9 RPG) and forward Tobias Harris (17.3 PPG and 8.5 RPG).
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Lines: Orlando Magic (+11.5) vs. Indiana Pacers (O/U: 187.5)
Orlando Magic Trends
- Magic are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- Magic are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Eastern conference teams
- Magic are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Pacers
Indiana Pacers Trends
- Pacers are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games at home
- Pacers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The home team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings between Magic-Pacers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]