"The Mentalist" Season 6, Episode 5 ("The Red Tattoo") brings to avid viewers a Red John suspect from the Visualize cult. Three questions come to mind: 1. Where is Bret Stiles (Malcolm McDowell)? 2. How many strong RJ suspects are left? 2. Is Brett Partridge (Jack Plotnick) really dead?
This feature contains spoilers from The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 5: The Red Tattoo. Read at your own risk.
In The Mentalist Season 5, Ray Haffner (Reed Diamond) was established as a strong Red John suspect. But his appearance on Season 6, Episode 5 convinced many viewers he could only be an accomplice at best. He was too annoying, too antagonistic against Patrick Jane (Simon Baker). If Haffner were Red John himself, it would be too easy. Fans don't like it when a suspected mystery "big bad" is too obviously -- bad.
The Mentalist Season 6: 3 Dots Tattoo; Kimball Cho's Lovelife -- From Summer to Dead
Viewers still remember how things ended between Summer Edgecomb (Samaire Armstrong) and Kimball Cho (Tim Kang). In "Red Tattoo," things begin to look hopeful again in Cho's lovelife. But it soon turns out the new girl, Kira Tinsley (Beth Riesgraf), is a Red John mole. How worse can things get for poor Cho?
Red John kills Kira Tinsley but she manages to leave Patrick Jane a very important clue: the monstrous villain is marked with three dots on his shoulder. How does the CBI bare the shoulders of the remaining RJ suspects?
Top Questions in The Mentalist Season 6 - So Far!
Just like that, one-fourth of the season is almost over. The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 5 is followed by what could be the final three Red John episodes: "Fire and Brimstone," "The Great Red Dragon," and "Red John" (Nov. 24). Here are the top questions among the avid viewers, so far:
1. Where is Bret Stiles? A Visualize episode without Bret Stiles just seems wrong. But Mr Stiles is too big a character to be seen alongside Haffner at this point. Perhaps one big episode will put the cult leader front and centre in the next couple of weeks.
2. How many strong Red John suspects are left? The Tiger, Tiger trio is probably out. Bob Kirkland is officially dead. Ray Haffner is an unlikely Red charmer. (Plus, he's afraid of spiders, not of heights.) So it looks like only two are left: Brett Partridge and Bret Stiles. Coincidence in given names? Patrick Jane's "mentalistas" should know that "Brett" (Brettanomyces) is a wild yeast that can make (red) wine a foul flavour.
3. Is Brett Partridge really dead? The characters never discussed his autopsy the way they scrutinized Kirkland's. Teresa Lisbon saw him die. But what did she really see? Many fans are still unable to believe that Partridge is dead. That's mostly because no one comes close to Red John among the seven suspects - except for the two Brets.
VIDEO: The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 5 - The Three Dots Tattoo in Promo Teaser
More 'The Mentalist Season 6' and TV Guide Features:
The Mentalist Season 6: Bruno Heller Talks Red John, Brett Partridge; Does RJ Mess with Rigsby's Wedding? [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
The Mentalist Season 6: 3 Red John aka Jay Roth Suspects Convene; Gale Bertram, Ray Haffner or Bob
Kirkland as Top Suspect? [SPOILERS]
Arrow Season 2, Episode 3 Spoilers: Black Canary Uncaged? Stephen Amell Says Oliver Queen Gets 'Blown Up by a Mortar Shell' [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
The Mentalist Season 6 Spoilers: Brett Partridge Out as Red John? The Big Lisbon Mistake! [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]