The Seattle Seahawks is humming like a well-oiled machine while the Rams searches for answers under center after its primary quarterback got injured in its last outing. The NFC West rivals meet Monday Night Football.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals
The Seahawks lone loss of the season came vs. Indianapolis Colts, which beat them 34-28 in a Week 5 match-up. Seattle romped four in a row before that loss and has won back-to-back games against the Tennessee Titans (20-13) and the Arizona Cardinals (34-22) to bring their win-loss card to 6-1.
A win against the Rams Monday will give them the best record in the NFC.
Going to this match-up, the Rams will bring a lowly 3-4 record—last place in the NFC West—although it has won two of its last three games. However, it lost starting quarterback Sam Bradford to a torn left ACL in its loss against the Carolina Panthers in Week 7. Bradford is expected to miss the rest of the season and Kellen Clemens will replace him in the starting line-up.
The Rams has beaten the Seahawks at Seattle twice in the first three seasons of head coach Pete Carroll.
The Seahawks is not taking the short-handed Rams lightly.
“Every game’s a championship game for us. We don’t know which one’s going to factor and which one’s going to make the difference at the end. You look back, ‘If we had won that game right there everything else would have been different.’ Again, it goes back to our focus and discipline to stay in connection with what that takes to consider each game like that,” said Carroll to the team’s official website.
“It’s one of those things that we’re going into this game and we know it’s a championship game for us,” added Seattle QB Russell Wilson. “That’s our mindset every week. It’s an NFC game and our goal is to go 1 and 0.”
Get NFL Game Pass to watch this game or go to the official NFL page for more details.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Betting Line: Seattle Seahawks (-11.5) vs. St. Louis Rams (O/U: 42.5)
Seattle Seahawks Trends
- Seahawks is 5-0-1 ATS in its last 6 games on MNF
- Seahawks is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Seahawks is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games vs. NFC West
St. Louis Rams Trends
- Rams is 4-1 ATS in its last 7 games in Week 8
- Rams is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Rams is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games vs. NFC West
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Paul Walker On Parkour, Stalkers, Sea Life, And Sharks [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- A Tribute The Great Actor Paul Walker: Best Quotes From 'Fast And The Furious' Films [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Paul Walker Death: Antonio Holmes Eyewitness the Porsche Burst Into Flame [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]