Miss Dominican Republic Yaritza Reyes, Fallen From The Catwalk But Not From Grace (See Video)
By Riza Ornos | October 28, 2013 8:20 PM EST
Miss Dominican Republic Yaritza Reyes is one of the few lucky ladies who got the chance to model Yamamay's 2014 collection for Miss Universe swimwear at the Rio Leninsky Mall last Saturday, October 26, 2013. But unfortunately, the 20-year-old beauty queen fell over while doing a runway show as she was strutting down the catwalk in lingerie.
She may have fallen from the catwalk but definitely not from grace as she picks herself up and continued the Yamamay Show. The audience quickly rushed to help her but she gets back to her feet, held her composure and poise without making too much fuss about the incident.
The controversial stage appears to have a triangular hole in the middle that can caused serious injury for those who are not aware that it's there. It seems like that girls are more focusing of avoiding the hole trap that projecting, for sure the girls know about it but sometimes people forgot just like Yaritza who is focusing more on her projection rather than the hole right in front of her.
But the question now is, can this slip earn precious points in the competition? Remember the stage slip that happened in Miss Philippines Miriam Quiambao last 1999? Did Yaritza conveniently forget about it?
Miss Universe Dominican Republic Yaritza Reyes bested 36 candidates to take her present title, she represented her province of Elías Piña and she is the third delegate of her country who have a predominantly African heritage after Ruth Ocumarez and Ada de le Cruz who competed in 2002 and 2009 respectively.
She is currently studying Communications at the University of Santo Domingo, and at present, she is working as a model, singer, and an actress. She will be competing against 89 beauty queens from across the globe in the 62nd Miss Universe Pageant on Moscow, Russia come November 9 at the Crocus City Hall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown